Riverbat Ambassador - Science, Engineering, & Math
General Statement of Job
To provide a positive and engaging experience for prospective students and current students through collegewide programming, and to act as a representative of student input regarding Areas of Study and Pathways processes.
Location Multiple Locations Hours 15 Hours/Week Monday-Friday, plus occasional weekends and evenings Salary $11.00/hr FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Coordinator, Student Life Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Customer service techniques.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established, yet variable work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking and group presentations.
- Contributing as a team member and assisting with the organization and implementation of events, activities, and programs.
- Providing timely assistance and information to other ACC departments, faculty, staff, students, visitors, and campus groups.
- Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications.
Required Work Experience
- One year experience working with students and/or the public.
- Must be a current ACC student enrolled in credit classes at least two semesters in academic year.
- Declared major must be within job posting title Area of Study. See http://sites.austincc.edu/areasofstudy/ for more information.
- Completed 12 credit hours at Austin Community College.
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Good academic standing.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation needed for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Austin area and ACC campus locations.
- Experience in data collection and analysis.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.