Legal Technology Support Specialist II, Office of General Counsel
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The George Washington University (GW) is seeking an experienced Legal Technology Support Specialist II to join its Office of the Senior Vice President and General Counsel (OGC) as liaison between OGC and GW IT/ISCS departments. OGC provides quality legal services, including strategic and legal policy advice on a broad range of issues that confront a large urban private research university.
Setup, troubleshoot and maintain network computer systems, laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices, headsets and other peripherals in working order. Repair or coordinate repairs with vendors and IT tech support, if necessary. Purchase hardware, computer supplies, and maintain inventory of storage media containing ESI (electronically stored information).
Assess and recommend complex project improvements on technology use and optimal computer use practices to increase office productivity, decrease costs, errors, and compliance. Research new technologies to keep up with the legal technology industry news and developments. Propose and administer internal Information Technology policies and procedures.
Assist attorneys in identification of the eDiscovery sources, search keywords, complete forms and maintain chain of custody for litigation materials. Perform searches and case maintenance within Encase eDiscovery platform, provide guidance on navigation and usage for OGC staff. Represent the interests and needs of OGC when coordinating with other GWU groups, departments, local support providers (LSP), and vendors (legal and court applications, Dell, Ricoh, Xerox, and document archive providers).
Conduct formal group and ad-hoc training on litigation support applications such as Encase eDiscovery platform, NetDocs, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs. Create and maintain training guides, PowerPoint presentations. Update content on the OGC website, and maintain online document management platform, NetDocs.
Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• User support experience, working in litigation support, eDiscovery, or either in a tier one (helpdesk) or tier two (desktop support) capacity, or related area is preferred.
• Experience using Guidance products (Encase Forensic, EnCase Endpoint Investigator, EnCase eDiscovery, Tableau Software) preferred. Guidance Products experience is highly desired.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly understand, learn and adapt to a complex, broad IT environment. Highly literate in the use of basic computer hardware, operating systems, and software.
• Commitment to customer service, including being a team player who is proactive, organized, and detail oriented.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Help or respond to emails and phone calls off-hours as necessary.
• The desire to learn new technologies and systems with and without organized training.
• Positive attitude of cooperation and helpfulness.
• A motivated self-starter who sees knowledge gaps as a growth opportunity.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: General Counsel Family Information Technology Sub-Family Tech Support/Service Delivery Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8AM-5PM) Occasional evenings and weekends. Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006063 Job Open Date: 01/13/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education that you have obtained?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter