Prospect Management Data Analyst
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
GW's Office of Research & Relationship Management provides prospect development services to the Division of Development & Alumni Relations. Focusing on three key areas, proactive research, reactive research, and relationship management, the Prospect Management Data Analyst works to advance GW's mission and planning through purposeful and strategic prospect intelligence that enhances fundraising and relationship building activities during GW's $1 billion campaign.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Relationship Management & Analytics, the Prospect Management Data Analyst should be organized, thorough, and a thoughtful team player with high attention to detail and strong data entry and project management skills.
• Reactively and proactively compiling and coordinating donor and pipeline data from fundraisers, support staff, and DAR and RRM leadership into DAR database of record (Advance). Carefully entering and maintaining prospect management data following standard data integrity and data accuracy practices as well as adhering to Relationship Management policies and protocols.
• Combining data from several tools to understand prospect management requests, strategies, and trends as they relate to the condition of portfolios at a micro and macro level. Distributing regular and ad hoc relationship management reports to clients while ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Facilitating data and content discussions across DAR using pipeline and portfolio data, with strategic emphasis on effectively identifying areas of incomplete, inconsistent, or incorrect entries of prospect data. Making data-driven recommendations based on review of prospect data.
• Striving to understand the client perspective, working to meet needs in a manner that provides satisfaction within the resources that can be made available. Asks questions to clarify needs or expectations or to determine client's awareness of the full range of available services and solutions. Works with clients to find solutions that are reasonable and donor-centric while adhering to existing policies and protocols.
• Developing and executing projects and initiatives to improve fundraising knowledge, core competencies, and internal processes. Serves as a team leader, trainer, and meeting leader within Research & Relationship Management as well as the larger Division.
• Perform other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus one year of relevant experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree requirements may be substituted for an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Advanced data entry skills including data creation and maintenance.
• Highly detailed oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience as part of a fundraising operation, preferably in higher education.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills and diplomacy required to function effectively among fundraisers. Demonstrated ability to edit work products for delivery with minimal error. Familiarity with training others.
• Knowledge of constituent and key prospect data elements (assignments, ratings, stages, proposals, philanthropic interests, etc.) as a whole.
• Proficiency in transforming, translating, and delivering data-based information clearly to end users.
• Proficiency in utilizing prospect research data to make recommendations for prospect activity.
• Ability to achieve a high level of competency in prospect development as defined by the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement's skill sets and Body of Knowledge. Proficient application of privacy laws, ethics standards, and protocols in dealing with highly sensitive information with a high degree of judgment and discretion. Knowledge of ethics statements by APRA, Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and other related associations.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Development & Alumni Relations Family Dev & Alumni Relations Sub-Family Prospect Management and Research Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday-Friday Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, Credit Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006213 Job Open Date: 03/21/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your expected salary range?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization?
- * Do you have one year of relevant experience? Please note that degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter