Director of Risk Management
(One or two sentences explaining why the position exists or a general summary of the Essential Functions listed below)
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the operations of the Risk Management department as well as hiring and training of personnel. Ensure the Risk Management department achieves its performance targets as well as maintain a well-organized, efficient operation that complies with PCI regulation.
• Manage the daily initiatives of the Risk Management department.
• Partner with IT to develop new tools to enhance productivity on an ongoing basis.
• Establish and document policies, procedures, and internal controls regarding risk and collection processes.
• Maintain a system of daily, weekly and monthly activity reporting for departmental metrics.
• Manage departmental budget responsibilities.
• Develop process improvements to increase efficiency and production capacity.
• Meet required service levels to Business Partners and members within the Risk Management department.
• Review and respond to Business Partners regarding potential high risk and/or high exposure merchant accounts up to a maximum of $100,000.00. Escalate accounts above $100,000.00 to executive management.
• Investigate the financial standing and reputation of merchant accounts, and approve or reject applications within the credit policy.
• Prepare annual performance appraisals and conduct meetings for team members.
• Recruit and select new hires, initiate corrective action and recommend termination of team members as needed. • • Escalate decisions and unresolved issues to executive management.
• Provide coaching or mentoring to direct reports as needed to improve individual skill and development.
• Disseminate information from senior management to team members and team members back to senior management.
• Maintain the time and attendance record keeping responsibilities for the staff.
(Indicate educational background required, employment experience, specific skills and abilities and licenses required.)
• High School or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8 years of business experience in finance or banking industry; preferably credit card industry. Eight (8) years supervision/management within related work environment. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Excellent working knowledge of risk management, underwriting and collections, MasterCard and Visa card processing, regulations and chargeback rules a must.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to render sound business judgment.
• Attention to accuracy and detail in processing information.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to establish priorities, work collaboratively, and meet objectives.
• Must have a positive attitude and strong customer service skills.
• Strong problem analysis and resolution skills at a functional level.
• Ability to write reports a must.
EVO is a leading privately-held payments service provider of merchant acquiring and processing solutions for small businesses, Independent Sales Organizations (ISOs), financial institutions, government organizations, and multinational corporations located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Europe.
Headquartered in Long Island, NY, EVO is a single source for the full range of electronic payment services. EVO offers an industry leading array of secure, innovative products and solutions that support the growth of their highly valued customers and their businesses. Our 600,000+ worldwide customers trust us to provide reliable point-of-sale solutions for their eCommerce, mobile, and retail businesses and to support alternative and noncash payment methods, including EMV, NFC, and mobile wallets.
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:24:28 PDT