We're looking for a versatile engineer to join our fast-paced agile development team, who is able to understand and traverse the full stack as needed. You understand how it's all put together and are smart enough to figure out what you don't already know. You'll be architecting and implementing core features of our web and mobile applications. You'll be working on the data model, developing business logic, building services and APIs, wiring up the controllers and, if needed, building out views and templates. If it has to do with code, you'll be in it.
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative software development process.
- Work collaboratively with the team to define, build, and test next-generation web and mobile applications.
- Partner with all functional groups to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment
- Participate in application and platform design decisions, and author technical specifications
- Development of large portions of the code base, including automated unit and functional tests
- Manage and maintain code repository, coordinating branching and merges as needed
- 5+ years experience building scalable, high-traffic web and/or mobile applications
- Experience developing applications using Groovy/Grails, Java, and MySQL
- Experience with Web Services and API development (REST/JSON)
- Strong proponent of Agile methodologies and experience with Scrum
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other strong, intelligent technologists
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies as necessary
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3, etc) is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
Directly makes on-demand business apps. Fast-growing companies like Airbnb, Pinterest, and Republic Wireless use our customer service apps to scale support and improve customer experience.
Our apps integrate with helpdesk and community software like Zendesk and Salesforce, intelligently route tickets to expert users on their smartphones, and reward them for quick resolution.
Directly is one of Entrepreneur Magazine's Brilliant 100 Companies, backed by True Ventures, Costanoa, CrunchFund, Toba Capital, and prominent angels Esther Dyson and Ray Lane. See directly.com.
San Francisco, CA
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 09:50:06 PDT