Librarian & Head, Instructional Services
The University of Missouri Libraries (Columbia, MO) seek an energetic, innovative, collaborative, and user-focused Head of Instructional Services. The successful candidate will work closely with librarians, campus partners, and classroom faculty to provide students with opportunities to attain information literacy skills necessary for academic success and life-long learning and in support of our campus Core Learning Objectives. The Libraries recognize that support for online learning is increasingly important to our campus. The ideal candidate will help us build capacity to support online learners. We are seeking someone who will initiate ongoing dialogue within the libraries and with campus partners about how to effectively integrate information literacy concepts into the curriculum. We seek candidates whose research, teaching and/or service will reflect a strong commitment to the Libraries’ and the University’s mission, vision, and values, including diversity and inclusion.
- Provide leadership and support for library initiatives to integrate information literacy into the curriculum
- Seek opportunities to collaborate and form partnerships with campus programs and initiatives that support teaching and student learning
- Work with colleagues to design instruction and develop learning materials in support of information literacy concepts as defined by ACRL’s Framework for Information Literacy
- Deliver effective instructional sessions
- Conduct needs assessments, assess instructional outcomes and report on the impact of the Libraries’ instructional initiatives
- Support teaching librarians by initiating professional development opportunities
- Supervise one or more librarians
- Serve as an ex officio member of the University Libraries’ Instruction Committee
- Contribute to general reference services in Ellis Library
- May serve one or more academic programs as a subject librarian
- Participate in library and campus committees
- All librarians are expected to be professionally engaged
Graduate degree in librarianship from an ALA-accredited program or its equivalent
- Minimum three years post-MLS experience, with at least two years teaching experience in libraries or higher education
- Committed to supporting the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Understanding of information needs and information-seeking habits of undergraduates
- Experience using web applications and technologies in the delivery of library instruction
- Evidence of successful program development and assessment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute positively to a team environment
- Supervisory experience in a library or higher education setting
- Experience with innovative educational/instructional technologies and design
- Evidence of professional engagement related to information literacy and instruction in libraries
- Graduate of ACRL’s Information Literacy Immersion Program
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Apply using the online application. A cover letter, contact information for three references and CV are required.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: