General Description of Position:
As a member of the CSPS, and in collaboration with the faculty and staff of the COE, the Recruitment Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of an innovative and comprehensive recruitment program for the COE that focuses on effective recruitment and outreach to potential undergraduate students and their parents/families.
Information about the Department:
The College of Education is the largest teacher preparation program of the 23 programs in the state and is accredited by the Kansas State Department of Education and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, or NCATE. We have a diverse student body with more than 2,300 students; 14% of the student body is composed of multicultural students. There are 1,000 graduate students, and of the College's 1,300 undergraduates, 90% are from Kansas. 33% of undergraduate students are first generation college attendees compared to 15% of graduate students. The College boasts graduates living in all 105 Kansas counties, 50 states and 48 countries.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university established the Office of Diversity, led by the associate vice provost for diversity and a dedicated staff. Additionally, each college has a designated Diversity Point Person to provide insight and guidance.
Kansas State University received the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity, or HEED, award from Insight Into Diversity magazine for the past three years. Multicultural students account for 15 percent of our student population, a university record and continuing trend.
Collaborate with academic advisors and other members in the Center for Student and Professional Services (CSPS) to implement an innovative and comprehensive recruitment program for the COE that focuses on effective recruitment and outreach to potential undergraduate students and their parents/families.
- Coordinate phone and mail (both electronic and paper) communication with prospective students.
- Manage key social media channels for effective engagement with our undergraduate market.
- Collaborate with teaching faculty and CSPS staff for program delivery.
- Work with CSPS faculty and staff to coordinate recruitment events; both those organized by New Student Services and those organized from within the COE.
- Work with the CSPS staff to create and edit publications/brochures for programs.
- Appropriately monitor and assess recruitment efforts and provide reports on programs' effectiveness to the director of CSPS.
- Support the efforts of all members of the Center for Student and Professional Services team in a spirit of teamwork and mutual respect.
- Create and sustain comprehensive communication pathways with key constituents across campus and the state.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Educational Opportunity Fund
- Call Me Mister Program
- Advise College of Education Ambassadors organization
- Supervise Student Assistants – Recruitment and Retention
- Travel – Strategic travel plan for visiting high schools and community colleges
- Campus Visits with prospective students
Required Minimum Qualifications:
1. Applicants should have a bachelor's degree in education, marketing and communications or a related discipline.
2. Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Comfort in working with diverse students and families.
4. Experience in recruitment, public speaking, training undergraduate students and peers.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in multiple computer programs (Microsoft Office, including knowledge of Excel, and efficient use of e-mail)
6. Fluency with social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
1. Master's degree in student personnel administration, higher education, elementary or secondary education, or a related discipline.
2. Alum of Kansas State University.
3. Experience in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs.
4. Fluent in Spanish.
5. One or more years of experience in teaching, student services, or program management in higher education.
Physical Activities and Environmental Conditions:
Speaking, Walking/Running, Keyboarding, Sitting, Standing, Driving, Writing
Normal Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidates shall provide letter of application resume, contact information for three work-related references and an unofficial transcript(s) (official transcript(s) will be required before hiring.
Screening of Applications Begins:
April 12, 2017
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$32,599 - $50,528
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.