Faculty positions in DNP program
The School of Nursing in the Oxley College of Health Sciences at The University of Tulsa invites applications for two available faculty positions in the DNP program:
- Visiting Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing – faculty will teach in the DNP program, specifically in the AG-ACNP track. Seeking applicants who are Adult- Gerontology Acute Care or Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioners who hold national board certification in their related specialty and an unencumbered license in the state of Oklahoma as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
- Visiting Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing – faculty will teach in the DNP program, specifically in the FNP track. Seeking applicants who are Family Nurse Practitioners who hold national board certification in their related specialty and an unencumbered license in the state of Oklahoma as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
Responsibilities of the positions:
- Teaches courses within the program
- Serves as a member of the Nursing Faculty Graduate Nurse Council
- Promotes an interdisciplinary approach to advanced practice nursing education and healthcare delivery within and outside of The University of Tulsa
- Serves on University, College of Health Sciences, and departmental committees to which appointed or elected
- Selects clinical sites and preceptors as needed for student experiences
- Recruits and advises students
- Participates in scholarly activities
- Maintains clinical competence through activities related to clinical practice in areas of certification
- Models the provision of comprehensive health care as a faculty member in a clinical practice setting
- Demonstrates and facilitates the attainment of advanced practice nursing skills in health promotion and disease prevention for graduate students
For more information on the specific positions available, go to: https://utulsa.edu/about/working-at-tu/available-positions/
These positions are advertised as renewable visiting academic appointments but with potential for permanent status based upon successful evaluation and ACEN accreditation.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program in the School of Nursing, which admitted its first cohort in the Spring 2017, has specialty tracks in the following areas of study:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Adult/Gerontology - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- MSN-DNP completion
The program has applied for candidacy for accreditation by the ACEN.
The Oxley College of Health Sciences at The University of Tulsa was initiated in July of 2015. Since its inception, the College completed a 5-year strategic plan, was officially named the Mary K. and John T. Oxley College of Health Sciences and moved into a new state of the art academic facility.
In addition to the DNP program, academic programs within the Oxley College of Health Sciences include Bachelor of Science degrees in Nursing, Speech Pathology, Exercise and Sports Science, and Athletic Training. Graduate programs include master’s degrees in Athletic Training and Speech Pathology. The College provides leadership within The University of Tulsa’s new Institute for Health Care Delivery Sciences and is the sponsor of Oklahoma’s only Albert Schweitzer Fellowship program. Several faculty members within the College are full-time neuroscience researchers at the Laureate Institute for Brain Research sponsored and led by the William K. Warren Foundation.