Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position serves as a departmental data expert responsible for the daily management of Student Financial Services system processes including, but not limited to loan processing and student account management. This position works closely with the Financial Aid and Student Financial data analysts for both the Undergraduate, and the Graduate and Professional careers.
- Bachelor's degree. Majors in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field preferred, but not required.
- 2-3 years of experience working with higher education related student information systems and/or other related technologies.
- General knowledge of IT systems and troubleshooting client needs.
- Experience in data entry and reporting.
- SQL experience in an Oracle database environment preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Functions as a technical expert and systems resource for the department.
- Manages daily processes related to loan origination, disbursement, and refunding.
- Creates and updates business process guides that outline how to perform system processes.
- Serves as the primary contact responsible for daily financial processes related to Student Aid and Accounts.
- Partners with data staff to identify process improvements that will increase the effectiveness of the office.
- Responsible for module specific configuration updates related to enrollment, academic, fiscal and regulatory changes.
- Attends and travels to industry related workshops, conferences and professional development activities that relate to the technical systems employed by the office.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The following technologies are typical of the context within which the Data Processor will work, though this is not intended to be an exhaustive list. As such, the Data Processor must have experience with, or be able to adapt quickly to these types of technologies:
- Oracle/PeopleSoft for Higher Education (Campus Solutions)
- Reporting tools such as SQL, PS Query, XML Publisher, etc.
- Productivity tools such as Microsoft Office and/or Google Apps.
- Emails tools such as Microsoft Outlook and/or Gmail.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.