Visiting Professor (Part Time) Microbiology
Chamberlain College of Nursing is pleased to announce new part time teaching opportunities in Microbiology at our campus in Arlington, VA. Join us as we educate and empower extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform healthcare worldwide!
Opportunity at a Glance:
Do you remember the professor who encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful professional you are today? Now you have the unique opportunity to be that professor, to create the "a-ha" moment of sudden insight and comprehension that will change a nursing student's life forever. As part of our faculty team, you'll inspire our motivated students to realize their educational and career goals. From individual instructor support and student-led study groups to diverse clinicals and career networking opportunities, the Chamberlain community shares a common goal: to give each other the care we need to succeed and make a difference by transforming healthcare.
The subject matter under consideration is Microbiology. The typical course of instruction may include:
BIOS-242: Fundamentals of Microbiology with Lab
This course covers basic concepts of microbiology, with emphasis
on medically important microorganisms and infectious diseases. Also
addressed are microscopy, microbial growth and genetics, antimicrobial
agents, epidemiology and immune system responses to pathogens.
Lab exercises focus on aseptic techniques, isolation and culture of
microorganisms, microscopy and staining techniques.
BIOS-271: Microbiology & Chemistry I with Lab
This course is the first in a two-course sequence addressing basic
foundations of chemistry and microbiology, using an integrated approach.
Through total integration and problem-solving approaches, aspects of
the two disciplines are emphasized. Topics include basic chemistry, with
introduction to organic and biochemistry; microbial classification and
genetics; and cellular structure and function.
Courses may meet once per week or twice a week for eight weeks. The face-to-face interaction in lab and classroom is blended with technology (such as online discussions and online assignments) for an enhanced learning environment. Commitment is on a course by course basis.
If you are passionate about helping others learn and advancing your career through the power of education, we want to talk with you today.
In this role, you will:
- Become part of a dynamic team of educational professionals, teaching Nursing Students in a dynamic classroom/online hybrid setting
- Implement and embrace Chamberlain College's Care philosophy, curriculum and course objectives by engaging students
- Establish an environment conducive to student engagement by effectively planning and preparing for classes, responding quickly to student requests for assistance and ensuring that students enjoy a powerful learning experience
- Identify opportunities to enhance student engagement through collaboration with colleagues who provide academic and professional guidance
- Promote student success by demonstrating a flexible style and exhibit a passion for teaching by devoting time and energy to develop scholarly excellence
- Engage with a diverse student body comprised of a variety of ages, cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and academic preparation
- Foster a positive learning environment by keeping accurate records, submitting grades on time, and enforcing academic and attendance policies
- Participate in curriculum development discussions, support campus events including orientation and graduation, open houses
- Enhance the learning environment by engaging in research, scholarship, service and academic advising
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you:
- Earned a master's or doctorate degree in Microbiology/Biology with a minimum of 18 or more graduate credit hours earned directly in MICROBIOLOGY Have taught or been told you're a “natural” at teaching and helping others learn Possess genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning Have exceptional subject matter expertise as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community Have a strong work ethic, learn from mistakes, build positive spirit and always look for a better way Put the team first, appreciate diverse points of view, assume positive intent, collaborate and communicate openly Are able to provide official transcripts for all earned degrees from a regionally accredited institution
DeVry Education Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!