Part-time Program Supervisors for PK-12 Practicum Candidates
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.JOB DESCRIPTION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Education, the Program Supervisor will undertake the responsibilities that will provide and ensure support and success within the Educator Preparation Program (EPP). The Program Supervisor is responsible for supervising EPP candidates seeking initial licensure in the following regions: Western MA, Central MA, Northeastern MA, Southeastern MA, Greater Boston Area, and Cape Cod.
- In conjunction with AIC, Program Supervisors observe, coach, and train preservice teachers in their respective practicum placements.
- Conduct the required evaluations (internal and external) in accordance with the policies of the School of Education (SOE) and Candidate Assessment of Performance (CAP).
- Enter required assessments in Live Text by assigned deadlines.
- Maintain correspondence with Program Directors and AIC Licensure Office.
- Complete are training requirements of the SOE (CAP and Live Text)
- Maintain regular (weekly) communications with the Associate Dean
- Provide Technical Assistance to Supervising Practitioner in completing all internal and external assessments (e.g., Live Text)
- Required one day of training in the new Candidate Assessment of Performance (CAP) is required and provided by AIC (if needed, according to program)
- Complete Candidates Professional Development Plans (CPD) where warranted
- Initial or professional state teaching license required
- Masters of Education Degree preferred
- Previous, recent, successful Pre-K – grade 12 teaching experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multicultural teaching/learning is required
- Demonstrated content and pedagogical knowledge
- Ability to travel to various regional practicum sites
- Ability to make all practicum visits during regular school hours
- Ability to send, upload, download, and edit online documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The Program Supervisor is a part-time non-benefited position with variable work hours dependent upon the number of assigned candidates. Normal work hours are aligned with PK-12 Schools 7:30AM-4:30PM.TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references, one of which must be a current or prior supervisor. A must be saved as one document via this online application:
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.