Manager, Altamonte Campus Library
Seminole State College of Florida is currently accepting applications for a Library Manager at our state of the art Altamonte Springs Campus as the center for our renowned healthcare programs. The Library Manager oversees and manages the daily operations of the Altamonte Campus Library and ensures that a learning environment of free and open inquiry with a commitment to excellence is provided. This position works under the general direction of the Director, College Libraries and also works collaboratively with other academic support services staff across the campus and college to develop programs and initiatives for the college community.
1. Master's degree in library/information science from an American Library Association accredited institution.
2. Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in an academic library.
3. Thorough working knowledge of Library services and standard procedures; experience with circulation and reference services in an academic Library.
1. Reference and instruction experience in an academic library.
2. Five years of supervisory experience in an academic library.
3. Previous experience in a Health Science library.
4. Evidence of awareness of current trends in librarianship and information technology.
Salary range is $50,448 to $61,149 annually commensurate with degree and experience exceeding the minimum required qualifications.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee fully paid health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by 11:59 pm on the closing date of April 20, 2017:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts showing the degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
- Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
For more information about this opportunity please contact Meribeth Colicci, Assistant Director, Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.