Director- Faculty Affairs
Job Purpose: The Director is responsible for the overall management, development, vision and assessment of the Office of Academic and Research Faculty Affairs. With the faculty affairs team, manage the Institute-level processes, systems, and files related to hiring, reappointment, promotion, and tenure, working in collaboration with administrators, staff, and Georgia Tech leadership. Plan and direct the administration of academic and research faculty affairs office related to information and data management; advise faculty members, department chairs, and administrative offices on policies and processes regarding recruitment, retention, compensation, and leaves of absence. Set the faculty affairs team goals, assess performance and provide feedback. Faculty Affairs is the institutional home for the tracking and maintenance of faculty data, information and related policies. As such, the Director will provide functional leadership for technical initiatives implementing new tools in support of these processes.
- Supervise the day-to-day administration of academic and research faculty actions. Plan, organize and supervise the work activities of the Faculty Affairs staff.
- Respond to inquiries and provide assistance regarding Institute and Board of Regents policies and processes related to administrative policies governing academic and research faculty.
- Review, and as appropriate, recommend, draft, and get buy in for revisions to existing academic and research faculty administration policies or the implementation of new policies.
- Establish and monitor administrative processes with regard to compliance with federal, state, and Institute regulations and policies. Assist departments regarding academic and research faculty administrative policies.
- Serve as functional lead on for technical initiatives related to faculty.
- Serve as the primary liaison with teams in other units on campus representing both academic and research faculty affairs.
- Facilitate positive relationships with our campus and state partners.
- Oversee the introduction of new or revised information systems related to academic and research faculty.
- Establish a positive working environment and promote a high level of staff morale and strong, cohesive team.
- Complete special projects at the direction of the unit leadership. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: Ten to twelve years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of higher education administration principles, practices and policies, communication, organization and supervision skills. Knowledge of office based computer applications is required.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: Master's or terminal degree
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP
- Preferred Skills: Closely-related research university experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work collaboratively with faculty and senior academic administrators; an understanding and appreciation of technology; capability of automating and streamlining processes; ability to develop and teach training seminars and workshops; ability to review, write, and interpret faculty affairs policies and procedures; an understanding of the legal environment related to faculty personnel and the ability to identify, assess and resolve issues or areas of risk; capability of working with various campus offices and constituencies; and ability to supervise and manage staff. Strong experience and demonstrated success in higher education organizational development and team building Experience as a positive, energetic, creative and responsive leader with a proven ability to serve as a strategic partner across institutional units and roles. The director will have the ability to make decisions, interpret policy, and find solutions to complex problems. Experience in process improvement, relationship building, a commitment to inclusive excellence and ethical practices, and consistent, effective communications. Experience with PeopleSoft and Banner a plus.
Additional Information: Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: Senior leadership (deans, school chairs, vice provosts, associate vice president/provosts, associate/assistant deans) and Human Resource and Faculty Affairs Professionals across campus. This position typically will advise and counsel: Unit Senior Leadership and Human Resources and Faculty Affairs Professionals across campus. This position will supervise: Assigned Unit Staff
More jobs like this
- Other Academic Affairs Jobs jobs in Education
- Other Academic Affairs Jobs jobs in Curriculum & Instruction
- Other Academic Affairs Jobs jobs in Educational Administration & Leadership
- Other Academic Affairs Jobs jobs in Instructional Technology & Design
- Other Academic Affairs Jobs jobs in Teacher Education