Data Management & Analysis Specialist
Job Title Data Management & Analysis Specialist
The Data Management & Analysis Specialist provides technical support for new and existing technologies for the Office of Research and Graduate Studies (ORGS). Supports, develops, and maintains reporting requirements and online resources for Banner system.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) with proficiency.
Two years of data collection/analysis or database management experience.
Experience using Banner Data Management and Degree Works.
Experience with dynamic web technologies (HTML, ASP, Net, RedDOT).
Experience with presentation software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Publisher).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of and ability to learn dynamic web technologies, reporting tools, and reporting and presentation software.
Knowledge of and ability to learn Banner and Degree Works systems.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills.
Ability to create and analyze internal and external reports, develop efficient procedures to accomplish tasks, and provide training on those procedures.
Ability to perform data collection; and compile, analyze, and assemble interpretation of results.
Ability to receive and process confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Ability to work effectively across University departments in a professional manner with various constituents and staff.
Ability to work in a diversified, fast-paced, interactive group environment.
Ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
Ability to interpret laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Ability to understand and apply a systemic approach to problem solving and process improvement.
Ability to work independently and with a team.
Salary Range $19.16 - $20.59 per hour ($40,000 - $43,000 annual)
Essential Job Duties
•Serves as liaison between Office of Research and Graduate Studies (ORGS), Business Technology Services, and other departments to provide Banner reporting and support services.
•Assists with the implementation and ongoing support of new technologies. Responsible for testing Banner and any systems-related upgrades and patches.
•Implements decisions to accomplish departmental goals and objectives in accordance to federal, state or university laws, rules, regulations and policies.
•Develops, implements, and updates standard reports to maximize productivity and enhance the department's ability to serve the campus.
•Creates and maintains database technologies that support ORGS and other departments.
•Coordinates data reporting activities and exports report access to requester via Cognos' Consumer Folders.
•Supports data reporting needs from other departments affiliated with ORGS as assigned by supervisor.
•Updates, maintains, and monitors the website for SACS accreditation requirements.
•Updates and maintains the automated communication system and reporting.
•Represents the department on assigned projects.
•Assists with departmental projects and assignments for both Research and Graduate Studies.
•Attends and supports department events.
•Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS252P
Open Date 03/20/2017
Close Date 04/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field?
- * Do you have experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) with proficiency?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214