Manage office phones, calendar and complete tasks assigned by the Operations Manager, Office of Executive Vice Chancellor, Finance and Administration/CFO, as well as the Executive Vice Chancellor, Finance & Administration/CFO (EVCF&A/CFO), including the CBE Project Management Office. Provide administrative support to the EVCF&A/CFO and senior members of the Finance & Administration Division. Responsibilities include managing calendars/schedules and meetings; conducting basic financial analysis & account reconciliations. Position provides executive support to the offices of the EVCF&A/CFO and Project Management by preparing reports and correspondence, handling information requests, preparing executive presentations, participating in selected University committees. Position acts as a contact between the EVCF&A/CFO, Project Management Office and others within the University and will prioritize requests and action items, relay urgent information, and take action on behalf of the EVCF&A/CFO and Project Management Office when requested. Position must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a confidential, collaborative, and credible manner.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Position reports directly to the Operations Manager, Office of Executive Vice Chancellor, Finance and Administration/CFO and will receive indirect guidance from the EVC of Finance and Administration/CFO. While incumbent will provide information and make decisions, incumbent will conduct business using reflected authority following established policies and procedures.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions: 100% of time
- Provide day-to-day support to the Project Management Office (CBE Consultant team), the EVCF&A/CFO and the Operations Manager, Office of Executive Vice Chancellor, Finance and Administration/CFO, as well as other senior members of the Finance & Administration Division, including maintaining the calendar and contact list, arranging & supporting meetings, and making travel arrangements. Maintain confidential files related to the office of the EVCF&A/CFO and Project Management Office.
- Serve as an administrative contact for the EVCF&A/CFO’s office and Project Management Office-related communications.
- Manage all meetings for Office of the EVCF&A/CFO and the CBE Project Team.
- Assist in managing operating expenses; duties include tracking of the EVCF&A/CFO and Division’s monthly expenditures.
- Answer phone and take and relay messages and provide information to requestors. Prioritize requests and action items, relay urgent information, and take action to ensure that the office runs smoothly.
- Manage electronic records and scanned documents.
- Provide executive staff support for the various meetings, including board-related committees. Assist with the preparation of agendas, data, and materials. Coordinate meeting set up, including food and audio visual support. Prepare minutes, resolutions and related correspondence.
- Assist the Office of EVCF&A/CFO with the preparation and distribution of budget materials.
- Assist the University’s front desk receptionist, manage the mail room operations (when needed) for the central administration, including incoming and outgoing mail and packages, and maintain and negotiate with multiple vendors for a variety of administrative services and functions (e.g., hotel, restaurant, and transportation).
- Collaborate with other Executive Assistants and assist colleagues as required in facilitating university events.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
Required: A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative responsibilities in a complex working environment, with a minimum of two years’ experience supporting high level executives. Preference given to experience in an institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and perform in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent telephone etiquette skills with experience directing calls and taking accurate messages.
- Ability to work under deadlines and handle frequent interruptions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact diplomatically with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Experience with office set-up, filing, scheduling and making various arrangements as needed for board, committee and other meetings.
- Experience in reading and interpreting financial matters.
- Exercise good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority and care in administrative detail.
- Demonstrated computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and document imaging/scanning software.
- Ability to exercise initiative.
- Understanding of the university organizational structure.
- Adobe Connect and Go to Meetings.Knowledge and experience in basic contracting matters
- Knowledge and experience in basic insurance matters.
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Proficient in MS Office suite