Campus Director - Irvine Campus
The Campus Director contributes to Brandman success in the daily operation of the campus in accordance with the University mission and policies and provides leadership to the campus. Strategic leadership skill will be important to develop a campus enrollment plan consistent with goals and objectives of Brandman central administration and leadership. Management skills will help the incumbent succeed at managing campus resources and coordinating organizational resources with central administrative offices to facilitate the achievement of Brandman University goals and ensure objectives are in compliance with regional and program accreditation. Meets or exceeds key metrics including new student enrollment, student retention, and operating income/margin. Coordinates administrative and academic operations with internal and external constituencies to ensure excellence in education and service and facilitates positive working relationships with such constituencies. Ensures academic and administrative operations are in compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Implement and manage assessment plans for the campus which reviews the level of academic rigor, administrative process, and student service with a focus on continuous quality improvement. Oversees and/or manages annual and term schedules, ensuring that courses are offered with sufficient frequency that academic program requirements can be fulfilled in reasonable time frames. Develops and administers the budget for the campus. Develops and implements a marketing plan and coordinates campus community presence through personal contacts and the use of committees, councils, boards and community organizations.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED: General supervision and direction through goals and strategies of the University.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions: 100% of time
PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION
- Develops a campus strategic plan which is consistent with Brandman’s standards and procedures
- Develops a campus enrollment plan consistent with goals and objectives of Brandman’s central and campus leadership
- Manages campus resources, coordinating with the Director of Administrative Operations as necessary, to facilitate achievement of Brandman goals and ensure objectives are in compliance with regional and program accreditation
COORDINATING AND FACILITATING
- Coordinates administrative and academic operations with internal and external constituencies to ensure excellence in education and service
- Facilitates positive working relationships with all campus constituencies
- Manages conflict resolution as necessary to prevent conflict escalation
- Maintains an environment conducive to high employee morale and commitment
OVERSIGHT, SUPERVISION, AND ASSESSMENT
- Ensures academic and administrative operations are in compliance with applicable Brandman policies and procedures including those pertaining to safety, workers’ compensation, ADA, harassment and discrimination, and FERPA compliance
- The Campus Director will maintain an environment conducive to high employee morale and commitment.
- Supervise administrative and staff employees in compliance with Human Resources policies and procedures
- Implement and manage assessment plans for the campus which reviews the level of academic rigor, administrative process and student service with a focus on continuous quality improvement
- Oversees and/or manages annual and term schedules, ensuring that courses are offered with sufficient frequency that academic program requirements can be fulfilled in reasonable time frames
- Responds to special requests from Brandman central leadership and/or Chapman University
- Develops and administers the budget for the campus
- Ensures appropriate staffing level is defined and maintained for all positions at the campus
- Oversee technology resources at the campus, coordinates maintenance and recommends enhancements
- Oversees the use of the campus facilities ensuring efficient and optimal usage of physical plant
- Oversees resources to support faculty and staff professional development activities
MARKETING AND OUTREACH
- Develops and implements a marketing plan in conjunction with Strategic Business Development and Marketing department
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Substantial experience in an academic environment, including exposure to and knowledge of academic issues including enrollment, financial aid, student advisement, accreditation compliance, and curriculum development
- Highly developed skills in planning, organizing and conducting complex analyses and interpreting related management information
- Demonstrated experience in addressing problems, defining relevant issues, drawing sound conclusions, and making responsible policy or strategy recommendations
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management experience, including strategic planning, budgeting, and team leadership
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines
- Political sensitivity and ability to interact with diverse groups and individuals at all organizational levels
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills with ability to prioritize a heavy workload under pressure and competing assignments
- Ability to develop long-range strategic plans that anticipate significant shifts in educational practices, stated goals and policies, expected program outcomes, and reporting procedures
- Ability to develop complex systems for data collection, organization, and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience with personal computers and associated software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, databases) and experience in producing high quality spreadsheets and reports
- Experience in conducting complex analyses and interpreting budgetary and statistical data
- Experience in conflict resolution and consensus building
- Experience in supervising professional, paraprofessional, and administrative support staff
- Master’s degree
- Experience in higher education institution
- Working knowledge of Brandman University mission, catalog, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of and experience in the application of adult learning principles and higher education policies.
Knowledge and Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Public Administration or Higher Education Administration required, Master’s degree preferred.