Assistant Director, Outreach Analytics
The Assistant Director, Outreach Analytics will be responsible for building and maintaining intelligence infrastructure, developing predictive analytics and reporting, and training business associates on the proper use of intelligence infrastructure and reporting for all Outreach activities.
The selected candidate will demonstrate solid business leadership of data infrastructure, with experience defining business requirements and use cases, and prioritizing development resources. In addition, the selected candidate will be comfortable with predictive analytics and possess a solid understanding of statistical methods. The Assistant Director, Outreach Analytics will be experienced at data blending, and ideally have past experience using data blending tools such as Alteryx. The selected candidate will be comfortable using statistical analysis tools to conduct advanced analytics including regression modelling, LTV maximization, and acquisition cost minimization. Moreover, she/he will be experienced at creating insightful data visualizations through reporting solutions, to power business decision makers at all levels. These include reports to optimize contact targeting, identify activities that generate the most lift, assess contact flow through via pipeline reporting, and forecast enrollments. Finally, she/he will understand the importance of working with internal customers to define requirements, train process, and demonstrate value. The incumbent may oversee and manage special projects, as directed.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Receive general direction from Associate Vice Chancellor of Marketing Operations.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
CRM System & Project Management
- Define business requirements and use cases for BU’s CRM solution in collaboration with defined Outreach business owners. Prior experience using Salesforce is a plus.
- Understand and update data dictionary, data flows and business rules.
- Prioritize future development requests based on business need.
- Advocate for business process changes and/or system upgrades to ensure data integrity. Define test cases to ensure upgrades perform as desired. Support data governance where needed.
- Track all project progress against plan and provide regular communication on status, risks, and issues to key stakeholders.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to ensure cross-organization alignment, buy-in, and delivery by participating in planning activities with Marketing, Outreach, Tech Ops/IT Infrastructure, and other internal groups.
- Attend annual Salesforce.com user conference and regularly participate in Salesforce.com virtual user group.
- Gather, blend and interpret data and information from internal sources, workshops, surveys, and task analysis
- Insightfully research the why behind data trends to identify key drivers and recommend course corrections. Utilize advanced statistical techniques such as regression, clusters, correlations, significance and hypothesis testing to identify business drivers not readily apparent from percentage change analysis.
- Create easily digestible reports so that business constituents can monitor and optimize their performance. Experience implementing and utilizing data visualization solutions is a plus.
- Review and track all user performance metrics on a weekly basis by campus in order to analyze statistical data to enhance outreach and yield strategies. Investigate and evaluate opportunities to improve work flows to increase efficiency and deliver results.
- Develop forecasts that translate into annual performance targets
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reports of progress versus targets.
End User Training
- Update end user manual for BU’s CRM solution.
- Organize and execute end user training sessions and monitor system usage to ensure that users have the skills needed to more effectively utilize the system.
- Promote continuous improvement by requesting direct feedback on the degree to which current state systems and reports satisfy user requirements. Pair direct feedback with usage data to optimize systems and reports.
- Three or more years’ experience in sales, marketing or any other business intelligence or analytics role
- Solid understanding of advanced analytics (statistics, simulation, optimization, etc)
- Modeling expertise using statistical techniques such as logistic and linear regression, decision trees, neural network or clustering techniques
- Ability to pair excellent analytical skills with data visualizations to create an insightful business story, leading to business actions
- Ability to translate business goals into business requirements for IT with concrete use cases associated
- Must be able to lead and manage cross-functional teams and communicate effectively with senior staff, faculty, other members of the campus community as well as external service providers and vendors Proactive self-starter who can chart out solutions to problems as they arise.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed established goals in a timely manner. Ability to prioritize workload under pressure with competing assignments.
- Strong customer service attitude and technical aptitude.
- Experience in marketing or business intelligence for an education institution is a plus
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or Business or combination of education and experience; MBA preferred
- Knowledge and aptitude working with CRMs, databases, data blending, statistical analysis and data visualization tools