Administrative Specialist Extended Learning Programs
• Collect and process required admissions material program applicants including application forms, transcripts, letters of recommendation, application fees and exam scores.
• Respond to applicant inquiries
• Be knowledgeable of all extended learning and partnership programs
• Create and maintain student information on CAMS related to class and advisor assignments and other reports
• Assign advisors for newly enrolled extended learning and partnership cohort students
• Assist with marketing, recruiting, and community outreach efforts to promote programs
• Serve as the point of contact for adjunct instructors related to books, course time assignments and other administrative aspects
• Assist with the recruitment, onboarding, and scheduling of new adjunct instructors
• Maintain adjunct faculty database
• Collect, organize and disseminate syllabi, course textbooks and online course materials to faculty and adjuncts to ensure consistency across offerings
• Maintain electronic files on faculty and adjuncts
• Maintain mailing lists for faculty and staff; distribute university-wide and college wide announcements and information
• Enter, track and collate curriculum and course changes
• Assist with program proposals and serve as a resource for information related to the administration of programs
• Perform specialized administrative duties required to support the specific program area
• Respond to and initiate inquiries (questions regarding purchasing, personnel, facilities, administration, specialized programs, etc.) Explain policies, answer questions, and resolve problems whenever feasible
• Prepare presentation materials for use by others, editing content and adding appropriate graphic and design elements
• Compose and/or prepare correspondence, memoranda, promotional materials, forms, newsletters, manuals, presentations and reports using appropriate word processing, power point, publishing and spreadsheet tools. Ensure carful editing punctuation, spelling and grammar always occurs
• Perform basic statistical calculations on data for reports and presentations with accuracy
• Support purchasing requirements, researching items and obtaining price quotes, entering information into university systems, managing purchase orders and requests for reimbursement
• Arrange and coordinate travel and travel reimbursement for staff and faculty.
• Compile and maintain information that may require web or library researching, gathering, compiling, and updating data and records
• Collect, organize and disseminate assessment materials linked to accreditation
• Gather and distribute mail
• Proctor exams and ensure students are notified of class changes or cancellations
• Respond to inquiries regarding University policies and procedures
• Operate a variety of office machines and equipment such as computer, facsimile, multi-line telephone, printers, scanners, copier, Scantron and calculator to include minor adjustments and maintenance
• Provide telephone and office coverage
• Assist with and track computer and maintenance requests
• Perform other administrative duties as required to support the mission and function of the unit.
• The position may also be responsible for attending extra functions some on the weekends and evenings such that there may need to be some flexibility to adjust hours. The person must have the ability, with or without accommodations, to work in a fast-paced environment and hence will need the ability to deal with the stressors of a busy office with professionalism and a sense of humor.
This position requires a bachelor's degree and at least three years of relevant experience. This position requires intermediate or advanced level proficiency in the use of standard desktop applications, including the ability to produce documents and presentations of all kinds using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software tools.
Previous experience in a higher education administrative and/or admissions role preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.