Facilities Worker II
Facilities Worker II
Job ID: 101984
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 6251
Job Grade: Range A
Salary and Hours Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00AM - 3:30PM, night and weekends possible based on operational need.
Work Schedule Requirements:
-Ability to work an irregular work week or shift work.
Classification Salary Range: $4,318 - $5,426 Job Summary The Facilities Worker II works under the lead work direction of the Facilities Project Supervisor and provides facilities repair and maintenance support to the all residence halls. This position performs a wide range of more complex semi-skilled and basic skilled facilities and systems maintenance but doesn¿t require full journey-level skills. The Facilities Worker II is trained in specific trade tasks which require a broader knowledge in several trades and a basic knowledge of theories, codes, procedures and general trade practices in applicable trade areas. The incumbent will work under the direction of a skilled crafts worker (Facilities Maintenance Mechanic or more senior Facilities worker II) on the more complex, trade-related assignments such as installing faucets and flush valves; soldering pipe; replacing lighting ballasts; pulling wire.
For more information on Housing and Residential Life, please visit: http://www.csus.edu/housing/departments/facilities%20services.html Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Knowledge:
The Facilities Worker II must possess a comprehensive knowledge of specific methods, practices and tools related to facilities and systems maintenance and repair in areas such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, painting and mechanical systems; semi-skilled and basic skilled knowledge across multiple trades; general knowledge of applicable trade safety practices; working knowledge of building codes; and basic knowledge of electrical theory and mechanical principles.
The Facilities Worker II must demonstrate semi-skilled and basic trade proficiency in multiple trade and maintenance tasks.
The abilities of the Facilities Worker II normally would be acquired by any combination of experience and training equivalent to three years of hands-on experience in general facilities and systems maintenance and repair, or comparable experience as a trades assistant or laborer with demonstrated proficiency in the required duties. Required Qualifications Experience:
1. Experience in installation of electrical, plumbing and/or HVAC equipment.
2. Experience in performing a wide range of complex facilities and systems maintenance, repair work and preventative maintenance tasks (i.e. sanding and patching drywall, furniture and closet repairs, window and door repair and basic locksmith maintenance).
3. Experience interpreting drawings and blueprints.
4. Experience in analyzing and troubleshooting problems across multiple trade functions.
5. Ability to provide excellent customer service in a diverse environment.
6. Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
7. Ability to use a computerized maintenance management system.
8. Strong verbal communication skills and ability to use two-way radios for communication.
9. Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs. (e.g. materials, tools, equipment) Preferred Qualifications 12. Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management system for data entry.
13. Experience working in a higher education environment. License/Certification Must possess a valid State of California driver's license and maintenance of safe driving record required. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Application Deadline Open Until Filled: Candidates who apply on or before 11:59PM Wednesday, March 29, 2017 will be given priority review. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application. To be fully considered for this position, you must submit the following with the application:
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidates professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Baron Siegfried Marsh
For technical difficulties, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/