Athletic Operations and Facilities Specialist (Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt I)
Athletic Operations and Facilities Specialist (Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt I)
Job ID: 101983
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Job Grade: Non-Exempt
Salary and Hours Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM with some night and weekends and holidays as required.
Recruitment Salary Range: $3,897-$4,521
Classification Salary Range: $3,897-$6,326 Job Summary With a current student population of approximately 30,000, Sacramento State, the capital University, is one of the larger campuses in the 23-campus California State University system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. The Athletic Department at Sacramento State supports 21 NCAA division 1 athletic teams and includes over 450 student athletes competing in the Big Sky, Big West, and the Western Athletic Conference.
Under the general guidance of the Associate Athletic Director of Operations (AAD), the Athletic Operations and Facilities Specialist independently performs a full range of administrative and analytic work to ensure the successful operation of competitions and events within the Sac State Division I Intercollegiate Athletics program.
The Athletic Operations and Facilities Specialist is responsible for planning and coordinating all phases of operations and facilities for the competitions of 21 intercollegiate sports teams and events (e.g. fundraisers) for various teams and Athletics administration. The incumbent oversees, as designated, the planning, preparation and execution of intercollegiate contests and special events at various Sacramento State athletic venues, this includes coordinating events at, and ensuring the maintenance of, six separate venues where events often take place at multiple venues simultaneously.
Duties include, but are not limited to: scheduling and providing lead work direction to casual workers, special consultants and volunteers who work events as: ushers, security, and other personnel who set up/break down venues. The incumbent schedules game officials and in-game management and works closely with designees from visiting teams; serves as a liaison to outside agencies or entities related to the program, prepares research and analysis leading to cost effective event operations, develops plans and projections, evaluates and reconciles budget reports, and determines operational methods, processes, and procedures to achieve programmatic goals. The incumbent also ensures compliance with campus policies and procedures, and with NCAA regulations and/or other entities governing the operations of Sac States Division I Intercollegiate Athletics program.
This position requires the ability to work evening and weekend events and maintaining communication with vendors and co-workers after hours, on weekends and holidays to make cost effective and timely alternate arrangements when necessary.
For more information on Sacramento State University Athletics, please visit: http://www.hornetsports.com/landing/index Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs. Required Qualifications Experience:
1. Experience coordinating venue and event operations.
2. Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
3. Strong organizational skills to effectively handle multiple priorities.
4. Strong problem-solving skills to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
5. Ability to understand and follow prescribed rules, processes and procedures.
6. Ability to effectively train others and provide lead work direction.
7. Ability to make independent decisions, maintain confidentiality, and exercise sound judgment.
8. Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or oral presentations.
9. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
10. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures plus operational and fiscal analysis for resource planning and management.
11. Ability to use Microsoft Excel to prepare expenditure plans and/or projections and to track and reconcile expenses.
12. Skill in the research and interpretation of policies and procedures, including skill in the collection, evaluation, interpretation and use of information or data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
13. Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with broad administrative or programmatic impact and implications. Preferred Qualifications 15. Knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
16. Experience hiring, training and scheduling employees who perform work for athletic events.
17. Experience managing athletic facilities and/or events.
18. Experience working in an institution of higher education.
19. Knowledge of NCAA policies and regulations.
20. Experience using Space Management Scheduler. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Application Deadline Date of close: Applications received by 11:59PM Wednesday, March 29, 2017 will be given priority review. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
Candidate must attach the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidates professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Baron Siegfried Marsh
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/