University of Colorado Denver
School of Education & Human Development
Position #665598- Requisition #08902
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Pyramid Plus: The Colorado Center for Social Emotional Competence and Inclusion, housed in the School of Education and Human Development, has an opening for a part-time (.80 FTE) University Staff (unclassified) Project Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
Pyramid Plus: The Colorado Center for Social Emotional Competence and Inclusion, housed in the School of Education and Human Development, University of Colorado Denver is seeking a Project Coordinator to start at 80% time. The Pyramid Plus Center provides training statewide through the use of two federally funded evidence-based models: the Pyramid Model and SpecialQuest. The Pyramid Plus Center also has a process to certify trainers and coaches to ensure quality and to scale-up and sustain the high fidelity use of these practices.
Examples of Project Coordinator work performed:
- Coordinates all activities related to The Pyramid Plus Center
- Collaborates and communicates with all Pyramid Plus PI and staff
- Implements new or revised program goals and objectives
- Coordinates program activities through assigned staff; prioritizes work activities
- Supports proposals for funding and/or funding continuation from outside sponsors
- Confers with and advises staff to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and program goals; refers to appropriate person when unable to respond.
- Prepares periodic reports on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Assists in evaluating program effectiveness to develop and implement improved methods; devises evaluation methodology and implements; analyzes results
- Develops, compiles and writes communications and literature for distribution such as e-newsletters, brochures or flyers; coordinates process from development through printing and distribution
- Coordinates logistics for trainings, meetings or conferences; communicates logistics, scheduling and participant correspondence
- Interacts and maintains liaison with students, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring annual salary range for this 80% time position has been established at $42,000 to $48,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting , education, social sciences, public administration, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience in program coordination.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience in higher education environment
- Master's degree or graduate level course work
- Experience in data management
- Experience in academic and/or technical writing
- 4 years of professional experience in program coordination
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, Outlook, Excel, and Drupal 8
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential materials and information
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Jessica Coon at SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30063 - EDUC-Ctr Collab Educ Ldrship
Posting Date: Mar 20, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jessica Coon
Posting Contact Email: SEHDHR@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00665598