Audiology Technician; Newborn Hearing Screener
Working Title: Audiology Technician; Newborn Hearing Screener
Position Type: Hourly Wage
Department: Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Posting Date: 03-20-2017
The Department of Otolaryngology is seeking a highly motivated candidate to work as a Newborn Hearing Screener. This position is part-time wage with hours varying from 10-25 hours per week. This position handles basic newborn hearing screening testing (auditory brainstem response and otoacoustic emission testing) and is conducted on newborns at the University of Virginia Hospital prior to discharge.
Qualified candidates must hold a high school diploma or equivalent and have experience utilizing a personal computer and basic word processing skills. Must be thorough, dependable and have good organizational skills. Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills (sensitivity to patient needs); ability to effectively communicate and work with staff, clinicians, physicians, patients and management; and ability to work with and maintain confidentiality of patient data are required.
Previous experience administering hearing tests is preferred. Newborn hearing screening training is provided with a clinical audiologist.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thoroughness, dependability, and good organizational skills.
2. Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills (sensitivity to patient needs).
3. Ability to effectively communicate and work with staff, clinicians, physicians, patients and management.
4. Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality of patient data.
5. Ability to work as a team member.
6. Basic word processing skills.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=78746