Program Administration Manager
Working Title: Program Administration Manager
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: SCPS - CP-Program Services
Posting Date: 03-20-2017
UVA School of Continuing and Professional Studies seeks applicants to fill a fulltime Program Administration Manager position located in Charlottesville, Virginia.
The Program Administration Manager is responsible for managing the administrative process of course and program proposals; assists faculty with the creation of new course syllabi and prospectus from idea to proposal to approval by the Curriculum and Course Review Committee (CCRC); collaborates with the Senior Director of Academic Program Development and the faculty to create and improve high-quality educational programs that will generate sustainable revenue. This process includes drafting program detail and preparing for CCRC review, document conversation for the faculty senate, document conversation for SCHEV, and the documentation of final approvals; and, works with the Senior Director to plan and coordinate the program quality process for the SCPS.
The successful incumbent will work with various individuals in the creation of program reviews; manage all aspects of the SCPS program review process and calendar; solicit program review components from colleagues; collect, organize, and format all program review reports and appendices material; write first draft of program reviews with program director/senior program director; and, coordinates draft review process. The incumbent also serves in an administrative support role for the Course and Curriculum Review Committee.
This position may require some travel, primarily day trips within the Commonwealth, but occasional overnight travel may be required. Must have the ability to work under deadlines, to adapt to changing priorities, needs, and assume other duties as assigned.
Educational requirements: Master's degree
Experience requirements: Relevant experience as a consultant, educator, or other related education administrative officer position; and, demonstrated experience in creating reports and presenting to senior-level decision makers.
To apply and review full position details, visit https://jobs.virginia.edu and search posting #0620574 , complete an application and attach a cover letter; resume; and, three professional reference contact information. The completion and submission of all requested documents is required for consideration. This position will be posted until filled.
Please direct questions for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled in effective proposal writing
- Strategic thinking skills for proposal development
- Ability to work independently with measureable results
- Effective collaborative relationship skills to work with other professionals at various levels across Grounds
- Strong people skills as the maintainer of a positive and productive relationships with the Dean's Office, the School, and the University
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership capacity
- Demonstrated project/proposal management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/proposals simultaneously
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and changing environments
- Ability to achieve results through informal authority by managing up, down and across the organization
- Possess a high level of professionalism and demonstrates strong integrity and sound judgment in representing the School in a variety of settings
- Ability to exercise appropriate judgment when dealing with sensitive matters
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81402