Human Resources Representative
Thank you for considering Curry College in your search.
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds. Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Human Resources Representative reports to the HRIS and Data Analytics Administrator and has the responsibility of supporting and assisting in a wide variety of human resources functions, including recruitment, employee relations, orientation, compensation, benefits, training, student employment and record keeping. Specializes in maintaining integrity and utility of HR information system. Recruits and interviews prospective student employees.
- Front Desk reception responsibilities including greeting visitors, answering a multi-line telephone and triaging calls as needed.
- Creates and maintains employee files (I-9’s, W-4’s, etc.).
- Responds to all employment verification inquiries in a timely manner.
- Calendar Management- coordinate meetings using Outlook as needed.
- Updates organizational charts using Microsoft Visio.
- Maintains inventories of office supplies and processes office supplies requests.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Coordination of Payroll documents and processing in a timely manner.
- Inputs all new employee information in Banner.
- Reviews and updates system to reflect any changes in positions, levels, and benefits.
- Enters all employment notices and changes into Banner database.
- Works with HRIS and Data Analytics Administrator on developing new reports, including systems auditing and testing.
- Tuition Exchange Program – Processes applications, files reports, assists with recruitment strategies, liaison with parents and other institutions, checks on applicant status and handles communication.
- Reviews and approves Tuition Waiver requests.
- Processes Worker’s Compensation claims and medical bills. Collaborates with the Coordinator of Environmental Health & Safety to submit information for OSHA 100 report.
- Process Unemployment Claims. Determines Contestable Claims. May represent College at DET hearings.
- Helps coordinate temporary help requests, communicates with temporary staffing agencies.
- Refers billing to appropriate department for payment.
- Processes all check requisitions and purchase orders.
- Assists with budget preparation.
- Monitors budget for accuracy.
Work-Study and Student Employment:
- Prepares contracts, secures required employment documentation from students.
- Collaborates with Center for Career Development to maintain job postings on CurryConnect.
- Communicates information on work-study process to students and hiring managers.
- Inputs student employment information into banner.
- Serves as point of contact of HR office and answers questions on phone and in person on Curry HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with event Planning.
- Provides oversight to the office’s student employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or closely related field.
- Three to five years of front-end office experience including basic office functions such as filing and telephone skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite knowledge, in particular Excel, Word and Microsoft Visio.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information System.
- Experience with Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Familiarity with Ellucian Banner.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.