Assistant Professor of Practice
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F000979 Academic Title: Assistant Professor of Practice Rank: Administrative Title: Assistant Professor of Practice Discipline Education Specialty: Contract Type: Non-Tenure Track, Renewable Appointment (initial appt period) - 07/01/2017-06/30/2020 Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Proposed Start Date: 07/01/2017 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The School's Educational Leadership and Administration Program seeks TWO Professors of Practice who will support our program's current offerings. The successful candidates will be expected to actively help shape the direction of the licensure programs including curriculum, assessment initiatives, and refreshing of our online offerings. The candidates also will be responsible for recruitment of prospective students, advising Master's/Ed.S./Graduate Certificate students in all stages of their graduate program, and collaborating with local, regional, and national partners in extending the experiences of students in the program. The Professors of Practice will also collect/monitor or assist assessment data for program review and accreditation.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
This position responsibility will be allocated as 30 % advising and recruitment, and 70 % teaching. A teaching load of 7 courses for the 12-month contract is required, with additional course releases for administrative responsibilities possible.Minimum Qualifications:
All applicants must have:
• An earned doctorate in Educational Leadership, Policy and/or Administration or a closely related field;
• Demonstrated ability or capacity for teaching graduate level courses in leadership preparation
• Evidence of extensive K-12, private, or organizational leadership experience related to K-12 education.
Please complete the online faculty application at http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/37609 and upload the following:
• Cover letter that indicates how background and experiences specifically match the position description and an overview of your graduate level teaching experiences and K-12 experience.
• A current curriculum vitae.
• The names and contact information for three (3) references
Application materials must indicate an interest in being considered for the Educational Leadership and Administration position. Review of applications will begin on October 23, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/37609
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an earned doctorate in Educational Leadership, Policy and/or Administration or a closely related field?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability or capacity for teaching graduate level courses in leadership preparation?
- * Do you have evidence of extensive K-12, private, or organizational leadership experience related to K-12 education?
- * There are two positions open, one position is based at the Hampton Roads, VA, campus, and the other is based at the Alexandria Center, Alexandria, VA, campus. Please indicate which campus position you are applying for:
- Harmpton Roads, VA
- Alexandria Center, Alexandria, VA
- I would like to be considered for either campus.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Names and Contact Information for References