Director of Geriatric Psychiatry and Center of Excellence in Alzheimer's Disease
Campus Description: Long Island's premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University's entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook's health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children's Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools - Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare - as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children's, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Budget Title: Clinical Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Psychiatry
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
Required Qualifications: MD/DO with Board Certification in Adult Psychiatry. Board of Eligibility or Board Certification in Geriatric Psychiatry. New York State license eligible. Clinical experience in Geriatric Psychiatry.
Preferred Qualifications: Administrative experience in Geriatric psychiatry. Track record research/teaching experience in Geriatric Psychiatry.
Responsibilities & Requirements: The Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor will serve as the Division Director for Geriatric Psychiatry. This includes a role as the Medical Director of the Centers of Excellence of Alzheimer's Disease of Long Island (CEAD of LI) as well as Director of the Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship. The specific foci of CEAD of LI are: 1) To collaborate with our partners organizations to enhance accurate diagnosis and patient-centered care for Alzheimer's Disease, dementia and related disorders (ADRD); 2) to identify and expand community resources to facilitate timely referrals to other services for patients and families, 3) to coordinate educational efforts regarding the appropriate care at each of the various states of dementia; 4) to promote public awareness of ADRD throughout Long Island; 5) to increase medical and educational services for under-served populations of this region; and 6) to provide executive management and strategic planning for CEAD of LI.
Stony Brook University has also committed to brain imaging in its strategic plan with research dedicated to MRI PET, and combined PET/MRI capabilities, as well as on site production of radio tracers to enable large scale imaging studies in dementia and geriatric depression. The departments of psychiatry in particular has committed to imaging and has large groups of imagers in other psychiatric disorders. The selected candidate is responsible for the following:
- Administration of the Division of Geriatric Psychiatry and supervision of geriatric psychiatry faculty
- Supervise the provision of care and monitoring of goals as part of the CEAD grant collaboration with the CEAD Program Director, nurse practitioner, and social worker, as well as other Stony Brook Medicine clinical departments, health professional schools, medical centers in Suffolk and Nassau counties and non-profit organizations that provide care and services to patients and families with ADRD.
- Provide direct diagnostic and clinical services for geriatric patients, teaching/supervision of medical students, residents and fellows and plan education and training programs for the medical community and for patients, families and caregivers.
- Implement Delivery System Reform for Incentive Payments (DSRIP) goal of "Integration of Primary Care and Behavioral Health Sciences" aimed at developing collaborative care models between primary care provider and behavioral health organizations.
- Correspond with and maintain on ongoing relationship with New York State Department of Health.
- Attend conferences with collaborating institutions and organizations to advance and promote program services,
- Collaborate with Stony Brook Media Relations on providing relevant, up-to date information to be used in websites, flyers, and in newspapers.
- Develop educational programs, including webinars for patients, families, caregivers, and the medical community and for students and other health professionals, including development of continuing of medical education courses. The responsibilities as Director of Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship include administrative duties, development and implementation of the training curriculum, and recruitment of fellows and additional faculty.
Special Notes: This is a non-tenure track position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Stony Brook University will be 100% tobacco-free startingJanuary 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree .
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a State Employment Application , cover letter and resume/CV to:
Ramin Parsey, M.D., Ph.D., Chair
Department of Psychiatry
HSC, Level 10, Room 020
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8101
Fax: (631) 444-1560
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 04/24/2017 , unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE PROTECTED VETERANS, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN AND MINORITIES TO APPLY.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Category: A2) Health Science and Medical Center Faculty.
Posting Date: 12/19/2016