Donor Relations and Events Coordinator
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU's remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director for Donor Relations & Advancement Events, the Donor Relations & Events Coordinator successfully and effectively manages donor relations and event projects, manages project workflow tasks are complete and deadlines are met, builds relationships with stakeholders at all levels, writes and edits communications, and conducts research and analysis as needed. The Coordinator will also be responsible for crafting and preparing high-quality professional documents, reports, and presentations as needed and will assist in managing a multitude of projects varying in size and complexity. S/he is also a front-line resource for advancement staff, colleagues across campus, and external stakeholders on a variety of topics. This employee must be able to multi-task and prioritize many competing deadlines and timelines. Attention to detail, commitment to quality, and ability to take initiative are essential to success in this position. The Coordinator must also be an effective, professional, and diplomatic liaison to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Review project requests and status regularly with team.
- Establish and maintain project tracking mechanism to report on workflow progress and identify risks and resource needs as early as possible.
- Set and help lead meetings with project stakeholders to discuss project needs and status.
- Make recommendations for improvements in project flow and tracking.
- Establish and maintain an effective customer service orientation toward all stakeholders.
Donor Relations & Events
- Assist with efforts in planning and delivering meaningful experiences.
- Provide highest level of customer service to internal and external stakeholders and donors.
- Manage special donor relations and stewardship projects and specialty communication efforts.
- Support event planning and day of help with events.
- Manage multiple competing priorities and maintain highest degree of confidentiality.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model One DU leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- An understanding and attitude of customer service; ability to be very flexible and adapt to change.
- Must be able to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Willingness to take initiative, keep a positive attitude, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using judgment in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3 years of professional administrative experience in a non-profit or sales organization.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in a non-profit, or similar complex setting.
- Project management experience in a non-profit, or similar complex setting.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with occasional evenings and weekends.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs and submit a cover letter and resume with the application to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click "New Resume/CV" at the bottom of the page to begin an application.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position please contact: Shelby Glenn at
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.