Human Resources Office Assistant (Employment)
Schedule Information: Full-time hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick, Vacation, and Holiday pay; Personal Business; Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Duties of Position:
- Processes required HR/Payroll information via the Oracle Payroll System
- Serves as contact for all Human Resources customers, this includes: answering telephones, greeting visitors, screening and channeling calls, and taking and distributing messages
- Conducts ongoing investigation/troubleshooting for problems arising from the Oracle Payroll System and the Onboarding System. This involves follow-up and training to end users to complete each investigation.
- Creates/Maintains confidential HR records and files for all employees. This involves Social Security verification, criminal background check processing, I-9/E-Verify processing, State University Retirement System (SURS) processing, and verification of employment required documentation.
- Enter and maintain data integrity for employees such as credentials, EEO data, previous employment, union eligibility, and ongoing salary, demographic and position information.
- Conducts New Employee Orientations
- Requires look-up and verification involving several internal and government systems such as SSNVS, E-Verify, SURS, Page-Up Recruiting System, and Hire Right.
- Verifies external employment information requests via telephone and written communications.
- Runs and distributes employment and union related reports.
- High school graduate or equivalent with basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Two to three years of customer service and general office experience required.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software required.
- Human Resources and Internet experience desired.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: April 3, 2017
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.