State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 5/1/2017 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: Fresno City College
Start Date: 08/10/2017
- Include instructional responsibilities for registered nursing program as assigned, including preparation for and instruction of theory, clinical and the skills lab classes in medical-surgical nursing;
- Take the lead or team member responsibility in designated skills lab settings
- Responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating or modifying curriculum and assessing Student Learning Outcomes within the Department of Nursing to improve student learning
- Objectively evaluate student performance in skills lab classes;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of human patient simulation exercises and/or case studies;
- Demonstrate proper techniques, use of tools, and equipment for students during simulation exercises and laboratory classes;
- Perform simulation demonstrations and provide orientation, assistance, training and technical support to adjunct instructors on laboratory procedures, operation of equipment, and location and use of materials;
- Communicate effectively with students, patients, families, health care givers and peers
- Work with community and campus organizations
- Participate in department, division and college committees
- Assist in the advancement of the institutional mission and goals; and
- Perform other duties as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- The position requires flexibility in work assignments including evenings and weekends.
Include approval by the Board of Registered Nursing of the following:
- State of California license as a registered nurse; AND
- A master’s degree in nursing; OR bachelor’s degree in nursing and master’s degree in health education, health science, or health administration from an accredited college or university; AND
- At least one year continuous full-time experience in direct patient care practice as a registered nurse within the past five years; AND
- Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practice in teaching registered nursing; AND
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students. NOTE: A valid California Community College Credential is acceptable. Applicants who possess this credential must also meet the above requirements.
Include experience in the following:
- General nursing experience
- Preparation through education and/or experience in providing quality instruction in the skills lab setting;
- Strong background in acute medical surgical nursing
- Experience in providing instruction in medical surgical nursing
- Ability to develop collegial relationships with peers
- Ability to be an effective liaison and to maintain a harmonious relationship and acceptance into all four semesters of the program and
- The ability to effectively communicate in written and oral form.
Conditions of Employment:
177 duty days per year.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $54,029 - $81,342 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement. From the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who have submitted all the required documents, a selection committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview. The selection committee will rate responses to the interview questions, teaching demonstration, and writing prompt (if applicable). Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the Vice President of Instruction and College President for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the College President and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval. State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service-minded organization and respond to the needs of our applicants. For more information, contact the Academic Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900. For information on Fresno City College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 2945. Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.scccd.edu