Java Systems Engineer
YinzCam is the industry-leading mobile developer for sports team apps in the United States, with clients in most major professional sports leagues including the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, and even international clients such as the Australian National Rugby League. We are experiencing a period of significant growth in our business, and are looking to add more full-time employees to build upon critical applications used by our clients and users, and to enhance the systems our mobile apps depend upon.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team of highly-skilled and experienced developers to build and deploy the tools that support professional sports teams' official mobile apps, and that will improve the experience of millions of fans around the world. You will work closely with designers and back-end developers in a collaborative environment to develop compelling applications and client-facing interfaces. You will also have the opportunity to innovate and explore cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
WHY ARE WE HIRING? We are currently expanding rapidly to take on even more clients - more teams, stadiums, and sports, including overseas - and we are looking to grow our mobile team by adding full-time developers to meet the demand for our products, and to bring even more innovations and features to our existing offerings. Our company affords a close-knit entrepreneurial environment with every individual being exposed to, and having a tangible impact on, the company's business.
Desired Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 2 years of experience in programming with Java SE
- Experience with Java 7 language features, familiarity with Java 8
- Experience with network programming and web services (Jersey or JAX-RS is desirable)
- Experience with XML and JSON serialization (JAXB is desirable) Experience with database interfaces (jOOQ is desirable)
- Familiarity with common third-party Java utility libraries (Apache Commons, Google Guava, Joda Time)
- Experience using Maven for build management and automation (Gradle experience also acceptable)
- Experience with Git for version control
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Python and Bash preferred)
- Experience interfacing with mobile and/or web developers and designing client-server interfaces
- Experience with Linux programming and system administration Experience with MySQL database administration Experience with Amazon Web Services-
- Have at least one back-end project that you developed (or contributed substantially to)
Please send your resume and highlight:
- Your overall technical skills and background
- Your relevant professional and academic experience Your Java development skills (mention example projects, number of months of experience)
- Your back-end development skills (mention example projects, number of months of experience)
- Your system-integration skills, e.g., working with software libraries, APIs Your software-engineering skills, e.g., version control (mention how many others on the team, and what your role was on the project)
YinzCam is a Pittsburgh-based mobile sports-technology startup company, a Carnegie Mellon spin-off, with 14+ million downloads of its mobile apps worldwide, and its current clients including 135+ NFL, NHL, NBA, NRL, CFL and MLS teams, and NCAA College Athletics.
YinzCam's mobile apps are in the hands of millions of sports fans around the world, allowing them to stay in touch with the favorite teams 24x7x365, by providing fans with real-time stats, multimedia, streaming radio, social-media and much more. The company's mobile-video technology is also being deployed in sports venues throughout the country to allow fans to watch instant replays, live cameras (including the NFL RedZone channel) on their smartphones, tablets or touchscreen computers.
Sun, 19 Mar 2017 09:14:30 PDT