Marketing and Communications Manager
Seeking a fast-paced, proactive, creative person with superior oral and written communication skills as well as excellent organizational abilities. The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the execution of communication strategies that influence enrollment and giving. A member of the Marketing and Communications Department, this position will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications. The position will also work closely with the Advancement Office and the Office of the President to support fundraising efforts.
- Work in collaboration with the Director, Associate Directors, and Agency partners to meet enrollment and recruitment targets:
- Create and/or manage applicant communications and nurturing;
- Develop and write marketing materials, i.e. flyers, brochures, viewbook, etc.;
- Manage projects with the assistance of a graphic designer;
- Create and/or review and edit marketing and advertising copy;
- Create and/or review and edit web copy to support program marketing;
- Help guide the social media strategy to be in line with our branding (i.e. voice and tone)
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years’ experience in a marketing, communications, or fundraising position;
- Attention to detail, excellent proofreading skills, grasp of grammar, and punctuation and able to exhibit a consistent style;
- Comfortable with design software for the creation of flyers and other marketing materials;
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment;
- Ability to be proactive;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service;
- Knowledge of HubSpot, a plus;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Monica Davis, Human Resources Assistant at HR@williamjames.edu
William James College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is a community that embraces multiculturalism. As such, persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.