Seeking a fast-paced, proactive, creative person with superior oral and written communication skills as well as excellent organizational skills. The Communications Manager is responsible for the creation and management of targeted communications for William James College, for both the Marketing and Advancement departments. A member of the Marketing and Communications Department, this position will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Managing email campaigns through our Constant Contact database for prospective students, donors, alumni, and our internal community. This includes the writing and creation of content;
- Writing the biannual magazine for the College (The Rapport). Working closely with the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications, who edits and manages the publication, to generate story ideas. Responsible for interviewing 2-4 people per story and producing the articles. Also responsible for assisting in the final editing and proofing before the final layout goes to print;
- Promoting marketing and advancement events to prospective students and donors, including managing web content, social media and direct mail around these events;
- Creating marketing materials, i.e. flyers, brochures, etc.;
- Generating content for the website, including the online Rapport magazine and updating departmental sections on a regular basis;
- Producing video messaging for events, social media, e-communications and the website, for both marketing and advancement needs;
- Collaborating with the Marketing Specialist to produce social media content.
- Assisting the Marketing and Communications Department with special projects as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years’ experience in a marketing, communications, or fundraising position;
- Attention to detail, excellent proofreading skills, grasp of grammar, and punctuation and able to exhibit a consistent style;
- Comfortable with design software for the creation of flyers and other marketing materials;
- Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment;
- Ability to be proactive;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service;
- Knowledge of HubSpot, a plus;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Monica Davis, Human Resources Assistant at HR@williamjames.edu
William James College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is a community that embraces multiculturalism. As such, persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Communications Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly