Computer Vision Engineeer
We are seeking an engineer with advanced experience in computer vision, embedded systems, machine learning, and mobile development. The ideal candidate will have B.S. and M.S. degrees in electrical & computer engineering and/or computer science and 3-5 or more years of relevant industry experience. Another requirement is demonstrated expertise in developing applications in tracking and/or simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) for deployment on mobile platforms (e.g., Tango).
Top 3 Responsibilities:
• Write software algorithms in a development language (e.g., MATLAB) for the purposes of image dewarping, reprojection, stitching, blending, and enhancement.
• Port codes to the embedded system level so as to run on the Movidius Myriad 2 mobile vision processor.
• Some optimization will be required to parallelize the developed codes appropriately so as to make best use of the shave infrastructure inherent to the Myriad 2 architecture.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Sensor integration involving measurements from IMUs, piezoelectric pressure sensors, and or other sensors will also be performed by the engineer.
• Applying machine learning to multi-sensor data including images will be another key role that the engineer plays.
• 3+ years of experience prototyping computer vision algorithms in Matlab and/or OpenCV (C++).
• Experience implementing computer vision algorithms in OpenCV (C++) and/or C.
• Experience with Android development in Android Studio.
• Experience with Git revision control.
• Ability to function in a fast paced work environment.
• Work schedule flexibility when deadlines call for long hours.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• B.S. in a computer science or similar.
Nice to have's:
• Experience developing a SDK.
• Experience with managing external performers.
• Experience with formal project management.
• Experience with applying deep learning with convolutional neural networks for computer vision problems.
Headquartered in Dallas, TX, with additional offices in Lorton, VA, Houston, TX and field offices in Washington, D.C. & Los Angeles, CA, as well as international locations, Akorbi is ISO 9001, and WBE certified.
Mountain View, CA
Sun, 19 Mar 2017 14:40:28 PDT