As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna's unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University's 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Admission Counselor will develop and execute, in consultation with the Director of Admission, an effective strategy to recruit first-year students from an assigned geographic territory. The most important component of job success, among multiple priorities, is meeting the designated enrollment number for that territory.
•	Serve as a collaborative member of the admission team managing a recruitment territory to achieve enrollment goals for the College.
•	Implement recruitment strategies as outlined in the admissions plan in the assigned territory to include high school and community college visits, attend college fairs, area receptions, and events.
•	Follow-up with students and parents via phone, text message, letters, email, and scheduled appointments in a specific recruitment territory.
•	Review applications for admission and scholarship.
•	Conduct admission presentations and interviews for visitors during on campus and off-campus events.
•	Advise students and families of admission requirements, process guidelines, financial aid, scholarship information, academic programs, residence life, etc.
•	Complete routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
•	Initiate, plan, and execute special projects in conjunction with the goals of the office.
•	Work with current students, staff, faculty, alumni and other stakeholders that support the recruitment of students.
•	Evaluate program effectiveness, assess outcomes, and develop improved programming to achieve goals. Complete cost analyses for programs/events.
Bachelor's Degree required. Preference will be given to graduates of Susquehanna University or a liberal arts institution.
A Bachelor's degree and valid driver's license required; ability to develop congenial and productive working relationships with Susquehanna administrators, faculty, staff, students and alumni; exceptional oral and written communication skills. No previous admission experience is necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
The successful candidate will have a track record of independent work; excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong organization skills, He/she will also be able to develop and execute a recruiting plan, and demonstrate the capacity to build effective recruiting relationships with a diverse constituency. He/she must be able to set priorities and work collaboratively within a high-functioning team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
•	Demonstrated ability to think critically and to plan, implement and successfully complete projects independently.
•	Understand the value of a liberal arts and science education and knowledge of Susquehanna University.
•	Communicate effectively over the phone and in writing, to include email communications and letters as appropriate.
•	Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity.
•	Knowledge or willingness and ability to learn how to use complex software.
•	Skilled at formal presentations to small and large groups.
•	Ability to converse with applicants and parents to determine what they are really looking for in their college experience, to portray Susquehanna as a great fit, and the capacity to secure the enrollment deposit.
•	Knowledge of, and willingness to use, appropriate sales strategies and yield activities in the recruitment process.
•	Knowledge of social media platforms with the ability to manage admission platforms to increase reputation and enrollment success.
•	Willingness to travel and work a varied schedule including nights and weekends.
•	Knowledge of Microsoft environments, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
•	Ability to represent the office and the University in a professional manner.
•	Applicants fluent in English and Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.
Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time; be able to carry and transport 40 pounds of material and or equipment; must be a licensed driver of an automobile with an acceptable driving record as determined by Susquehanna University's Human Resource Risk Management office; must be able to travel long distances if needed, by airplane and by automobile. Must be able to work nights and weekends throughout the year.
For full application instructions and position description, click here