Build and Release Automation Architect
Build and Release Automation Architect - Consultant
Statement of Work
Six month engagement to work with MIB associates to develop a build and release automation strategy and establish the architecture to support that strategy going forward.
The individual who fills this role will be expected to work with MIB's development, QA and Configuration Management teams and other stakeholders to define and architect the build, configuration, release and deployment activities for a project or development work effort.
The expected deliverable from this engagement is to have the strategy and architecture in place that will allow MIB associates tasked with the build engineering function to be adequately prepared to ensure accurate and complete migrations of code and configurations from environment to environment in repeatable and automated formats.
Documented Build & Release Automation Strategy developed within 7 weeks of starting date
• Understand and Document Current State
• Identify ideal skill set/requirements for Automation Engineer role(s)
• Document best practices within MIB capabilities for automation implementation including release cycles, testable light weight release process, release infrastructure, expectations, and automation implementation prioritization and schedule.
Documented Build & Release Automation Architecture developed within 11 weeks following Deliverable #1
• Map out conceptual and physical architecture options
• Identify MIB limitations due to infrastructure and operation capabilities
• Present process and tools options based on MIB expertise and technologies where able
• Develop implementable architecture based on decisions and finding
Implement planned architecture, begin developing automations, and provide guidance to MIB stakeholders tasked with Build and Release Management and Engineering (8 weeks)
• Facilitate procurement and installation of identified tools and enable document processes ending in an "implemented" automation architecture
• Develop automations for highest prioritized systems
• Mentor MIB management and resources in successfully running and evolving implemented architecture
• 10+ years as a software engineer, with a minimum of 3+ years in release automation implementation
• Extensive understanding and experience with automated test tools / frameworks such as Capybara, Selenium, SOAPUI, Rational Functional Tester, JMeter, LincChecker, LoadRunner
• Extensive understanding and experience with continuous integration tools / frameworks such as Jenkins, GitLab, Dockunit, Concourse
• Extensive understanding and experience with build automation tools / frameworks such as Gradle, Docker, Maven
• Extensive understanding and experience with version control systems such as Git, GitHub, Rational Team Concert, Mercurial
• Experience with Cloud Computing services such as AWS (EC2, S3, EBS)
• Thorough understanding of concurrency, threading, algorithms, and data structures
• Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
• Ability and drive to collaborate with rest of team to research, design, develop, and implement automation release features and enhancements
• A track record of writing clean, high quality, high performing, scalable code
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to influence, guide, and reinforce the adoption of standards and processes across the development teams.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong presentation skills
• Bachelors and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Accurate risk assessment is critical to stakeholders in the insurance industry. That's why MIB applies its fraud protection, mortality and technical expertise to help its members
For more than a century, MIB's Underwriting Services have led the insurance industry as the standard for identifying anti-selection and detecting applicant fraud. And, our Actuarial and Statistical Services are the forefront of the industry, performing industry-wide experience studies for partners like the Society of Actuaries
We offer expertise, products, research and statistical reporting that provide our members, clients and insurance regulators with deeper insights, so they can better manage the risks they face. As such, MIB is the life and health insurance industry's most trusted resource for risk information and actuarial services. For more information, please go to www.mibgroup.com.
Additionally, MIB offers a flexible work environment with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer, to name a few, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, supplemental life insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term disability insurance, pet insurance, 401k (MIB matches 50% of the first 6% of your voluntary contribution and MIB provides a 3% non-elective contribution).
Sun, 19 Mar 2017 12:37:47 PDT