General Description of Position:
This position is essential to the operation of the Student and Faculty Services (SFS) unit ensuring that students receive exams, course materials, information, and proctoring services in a timely manner. This position ensures communication with faculty regarding course needs is complete and accurate and that courses are administered as requested. The incumbent will be tasked to think creatively and explore new avenues and methods of providing secure and functional student exams as well as new services to help faculty administer distance education courses.
This position also assists with outbound recruitment as assigned, contacting prospective students to help them progress through the admissions and enrollment funnels.
This position serves as a member of the SFS team and committees within the Kansas State University Global Campus and Kansas State University as requested.
This position reports to the Director of Student and Faculty Services in K-State Global Campus.
Distance Examination Coordination
- Coordinates and administers electronic and paper exams for all proctored distance education courses
- Administers database containing all information for examinations/assignments.
- Tracks all examinations and assignments as they cycle from instructor to SFS to proctor and student and then back to campus and on to instructor for grading.
- Maintains confidentiality of all exam materials.
- Maintains individual student records indicating each step of the process, being prepared at all times to answer questions from students and faculty.
- Reviews, verifies and monitors approximately 4,000 proctor agreements annually in order to determine acceptability of proctor to maintain the integrity of the testing process.
- Maintains proctor information in SFS database to facilitate communication between coordinator, proctor, faculty and student as needed.
- Schedules and administers examinations taken in the onsite exam room, serving as onsite proctor, monitoring exam time and ensuring exam security.
- Follows University procedures when an honor code violation is suspected. Maintains records of all written and verbal correspondence, and assists with honor violation cases as needed.
- Monitors and responds to emails received through firstname.lastname@example.org email account to assure accurate information exchange with current distance students regarding exams and course materials.
- Works closely with K-State Global Campus program coordinators and KSU faculty to ensure accurate administration of examinations and assignments.
- Administers the Student and Faculty Services checklist and follows-up with faculty members for each course to ensure SFS has received accurate course administration information.
- Maintains leadership role when working with faculty to ensure examinations are provided to the SFS unit in a timely manner.
- Maintains inventory of exams on file and obtains missing examinations when necessary.
- Works with the EIS project coordinator, K-State Global Campus program coordinators, and faculty to ensure that the SFS course checklist collects and provides the necessary information for successful administration of each online course.
- Communicates with KSU faculty to discuss services offered by SFS and encourage them to use the services.
- Creates and administers faculty services satisfaction survey. Interprets results from survey and works with SFS director and academic coordinators to determine future needs based on the survey results.
- Exercises discretion and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive and confidential information such as assignments and/or course grades.
- Provide detailed information regarding K-State Global Campus online programs and courses to prospective students through phone calls, electronic correspondence and face to face with a high degree of professionalism and excellent customer service.
- Remain knowledgeable of all K-State Global Campus online programs and student services (Financial Aid, Advising, etc.) and refer prospective students to the appropriate office to address academic and/or financial matters. Provide follow-up to ensure appropriate action was taken in a timely manner.
- Handle confidential information appropriately.
- Works independently to review and implement technological and procedural changes to work processes consulting with SFS director to ensure consistent communication of the processes to the entire unit.
- Maintains close working relationships with the K-State community including faculty, K-State Global Campus coordinators, K-State Global Campus Registration Office staff and various campus offices to provide efficient service to students and faculty.
- Provides input to supervisor regarding unit annual budget for assigned area.
- Supervises 1-2 student assistants, delegates work to student employees, and checks delegated work to assure accuracy and timeliness.
- Strives to raise student employee's professionalism by teaching proper office procedures and introducing policies and practices pertaining to the University, K-State Global Campus and the Student and Faculty Services unit.
- Coordinates work schedules of one to two student staff. Serves as backup for scheduling other SFS student work schedules and submission of student time documents verifying time reported is correct.
- Works as a SFS team member to provide seamless service to all students, faculty and staff.
K-State Global Campus/University Responsibilities
- Serves on K-State Global Campus, university or professional association committees, goal teams or project teams as requested.
- Participates in K-State Global Campus professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma with four years of experience in an office or administrative position. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience
- Proven record of organizational and administrative experience
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in diverse and changing environments
- Well-developed computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office suite programs to include Excel, Word and Access
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, detail oriented and ability to prioritize work.
- Demonstrated dependability and customer service experience
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement policy and procedures and to problem solve effectively
- Ability to work with a diverse clientele and to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong facilitation and/or coordination skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in higher education environment
- Familiarity with educational student services to include exam proctoring
- Experience with learning management systems, online survey systems, electronic calendaring systems, and web-based customer relations management programs
- Knowledge and understanding of distance education
- Leadership and supervisory experience
Information about the Department:
The mission of K-State Global Campus is to extend Kansas State University's intellectual resources through quality degree programs, lifelong learning and professional development opportunities. K-State Global Campus is the fourth campus of Kansas State University and is located in Manhattan, Kansas.
For more information about K-State Global Campus go to http://global.k-state.edu/about/.
Kansas State University is a land grant college established in 1863. For more information about K-State go to http://www.k-state.edu/about/.
For more information about Manhattan, Kansas and the surrounding area go to http://www.manhattancvb.org/.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants will need to upload a cover letter addressing qualifications and skills related to the position, a resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history and three professional references including name, address, phone number (cell number if appropriate) and email address. Questions about the application process can be directed to the K-State Global Campus Dean's Office at 785-532-5644 or email@example.com.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Screening of Applications Begin:
Screening of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications should be received by March 29, 2017.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$32,000-36,000 annual salary
The Kansas State University benefit package includes a retirement plan; group medical, dental and life insurance plans, worker's compensation, vacation leave, sick leave and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Follow the link to find out more. "EEO is the Law" Poster.
Kansas State University actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to The Principles of Community which can be found at https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University may procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. Kansas State University complies with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.