Curriculum Development Manager, Positive Psychology Programs
Duties: ABOUT THE POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY CENTER:
Our mission at the University of Pennsylvania's Positive Psychology Center is to enable people to lead more productive, satisfying, and meaningful lives by delivering state-of-the-art, evidence-based positive psychology and resilience training programs to a variety of organizations. Hundreds of thousands of people around the world have attended our programs, which have demonstrated mental health and well-being benefits.
We are a highly collaborative team of can-do and high-energy people who are dedicated to disseminating these life-changing programs to educators, students, parents, clinicians, the military, police officers, corporate employees, and many more.
We are looking for a like-minded, team-oriented person to join us and play a mission critical role. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to make a difference, learn new skills, and take on responsibilities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
To learn more about our work: http://www.pennresilienceprogram.org/
As the Curriculum Development Manager, you will oversee the development, design, and customization of the curriculum and other training materials for our programs with various clients. This position will work closely with the curriculum development team, led by the Director of Training Programs, the Executive Director of the Center, and the program managers. There will be opportunities for career advancement.
* Manage the curriculum customization and upgrades with Penn subject matter experts and the client.
* Design the look and feel of training program materials, including PowerPoint slides, participant workbooks, and instructor manuals.
* Translate psychological concepts into new training activities and materials.
* Develop a deep understanding of the scientific literature, manage the research database, and craft summary reports to inform the curriculum development team on the cutting-edge science.
* Organize and summarize client information collected via meetings, focus groups, online surveys, and client research to inform curriculum customization.
* Manage and add to database of video clips used to illustrate resilience concepts in the program.
* Recruit, interview, hire, supervise, and mentor part-time student workers.
* Think creatively to modify and develop processes that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
* Assist with new business development, including client research, client proposals, and marketing material creation.
Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, is required
* Background in psychology required
* Strong sense of mission, professionalism, and responsibility
* Highly developed organizing abilities, with a strict attention to detail
* Creative and able to create new content
* Able to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
* Proven ability to thrive under high pressures of time and workload
* Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with a strong service orientation
* Self-motivated and able to work on a team and independently
* Willing and able to work nights and weekends, as needed
* Willing and able to travel occasionally, as needed
* Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Illustrator preferred
* Experience with instructional design and/or graphic design preferred
* Strong computer skills required
Reference Number: 02-25327
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Positive Psychology Center
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research