Department Chair and Assistant/Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
Saint Leo University is one of the largest and most innovative Catholic universities in the United States. Saint Leo enrolls students at the traditional University Campus, at more than 40 education centers and offices, and through SLU Worldwide. University-wide, Saint Leo enrolls students from 49 states, the District of Columbia, three U.S. territories, and 86 countries. Saint Leo University ranks as one of the nation's leading providers of higher education for active duty military and veterans, and it is a nationally recognized leader in online education.
The Department of Criminal Justice is seeking qualified candidates for a Department Chair / full-time, nine (9) month, tenure track, faculty position to teach Criminal Justice courses online at our University Campus in Saint Leo, FL. This position has administrative responsibilities and will require work during the summer months with additional compensation.
This faculty position will hold the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor.
An exceptional candidate possessing a doctorate degree with experience may be considered at the Associate level.
Review of candidate materials begins immediately for anticipated start date of August 2017.
In addition to curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
- Values Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts - see special instructions
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum)
- Three letters of recommendation (all should be professional references and at least one from a recent superior) If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below.
- Values statement (500 words or less)
- Teaching philosophy (500 words or less), which highlights how your teaching and administrative philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University
- Official transcripts (including WES evaluation if from an international university)
- Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
This position is pending final budget approval for fiscal year 2018 for the 2017-2018 academic year.
*Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are "Issued to Student" or issued to another institution are not accepted.
Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
A certified evaluation and translation is required for foreign transcripts from World Education Services (WES). Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
The faculty member will be required to:
* Teach eight (8) classes per year;
* Assigned as Chair of the Department of Undergraduate Criminal Justice;
* Advise students;
* Assess, assist, and guide online adjunct instructors in Criminal Justice faculty;
* Engage in curriculum development;
* Support recruiting efforts;
* Demonstrate professional development (e.g., scholarly research);
* Undertake community service in keeping with the school's Benedictine values;
* Teach on-ground, online; and
* Teach undergraduate and graduate classes.
* Be able to teach traditional and non-traditional age students; and
* Demonstrate the ability to use discipline-related computer programs.
Applicants must have one of the following:
Ph.D. - Criminal Justice or Criminal Justice Specialization or
Ed.D. - with Criminal Justice Specialization or
DBA - with Criminal Justice Specialization
Previous teaching experience
Previous administrative position in Higher Education.
Job ID 2016-1076
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo