Doctorate of Business Administration/Dissertation/Supv
Saint Leo University is one of the largest and most innovative Catholic universities in the United States. Saint Leo enrolls students at the traditional University Campus, at more than 40 education centers and offices, and through the Center for Online Learning. University-wide, Saint Leo enrolls students from 49 states, the District of Columbia, three U.S. territories, and 86 countries. Saint Leo University ranks as one of the nation's leading providers of higher education for active duty military and veterans, and it is a nationally recognized leader in online education.
The Department of Management and Business Administration is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, tenure track, faculty position to teach courses on-ground and online at our University Campus location in Saint Leo, Florida in our Doctoral Program (DBA).
This is a nine (9) month, full-time faculty appointment at the Assistant/Associate rank.
An exceptional candidate possessing a doctorate degree with experience may be considered at the Associate level.
This position is pending final budget approval for the 2017-2018 academic year. eview of candidate materials begins immediately for anticipated start date of August 9, 2017.
In addition to curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
- Values Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (see special instructions)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum)
- Values statement (500 words or less) highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
- Teaching philosophy (500 words or less) highlights how your teaching and administrative philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
- Official transcripts (including WES evaluation if from an international university)
- All letters of recommendation should be professional references and at least one from a recent superior. If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below.
- Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution. Transcripts that are "Issued to Student" or issued to another institution are not accepted. Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time. A certified evaluation and translation is required for foreign transcripts from World Education Services (WES). Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs MC 2006
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
The faculty member will be required to:
• Teach 8 classes per year;
• Advise students;
• Assess, assist, and guide online adjunct Management faculty under the direction of the department chair;
• Engage in curriculum development;
• Support recruiting efforts;
• Demonstrate professional development (e.g., scholarly research);
• Undertake community service in keeping with the school's Benedictine values;
• Teach on-ground, online; and
• Teach graduate classes;
• Be able to teach traditional and non-traditional age students; and
• Demonstrate the ability to use discipline-related computer programs
- A Ph.D. in Management or Business Administration is preferred with 18 graduate hours in the management discipline being absolutely required.
- Demonstrated record of research, scholarly publication or a clear indication for of potential for success in these areas required.
- Demonstrated effective practical or academic teaching and/or dissertation committee experience at a regionally accredited institution.
Job ID 2016-1046
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo