Athletics | Camp Instructor/Counselor | Spring 2017
Under the direction of and in collaboration with the Camp Director, the Camp Instructor/Counselor will provide supervision of camp participants, engage in activities, and provide a safe environment for campers of all ages attending camps at Saint Leo University.
This position will ensure a positive environment that promotes and enhances the development of camp participants and maintains a safe and controlled atmosphere to ensure a high quality program that meets the standards of the university.
• Assists in instructing all camp activities under the Director's supervision.
• Actively observes all activities to ensure the protection and safety of all participants.
• Participates in all staff training and meetings.
• Provides a positive and authoritative approach to guiding behavior using age-appropriate limits and choices.
• Completes all paperwork according to policies and procedures.
• Enjoys working with children, participating in activities and enthusiastic attitude.
• Past experience and interest in the camp activity.
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Able to communicate effectively
• Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
• Listen and follow directions
• CPR, AED and First Aid certification preferred.
• Federal Work Study eligibility preferred.
Job ID 2016-1065
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo