Classroom Technology Specialist
The Classroom Technology Specialist provides technical assistance with Saint Leo University's classroom audio, media and videoconferencing systems. The specialist supports the operation of videoconferencing services such as the VTT coordination, communication, equipment configuration and operational documentation.
***In addition to uploading resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Values Statement (see below)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The University Ideal 2017, Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website.
• Perform daily maintenance checks on all classroom technologies throughout the university campus and/or provide field technical support for classroom and videoconferencing technologies
• Positive and effective interaction with customers.
• Provide tier one phone support for campus and remote education centers as required.
• Provide technical guidance to faculty, staff and students.
• Interface regularly with various UTS managers and technical team members to identify the solution to problems.
• Schedule and facilitate conference connections using the multi-conference unit (MCU) "bridge."
• Record VTT sessions and make available through websites, CDs or other forms of delivery.
• Maintain a calendar of all classroom technology activities.
• Maintain inventory of all equipment and notify when updates are due/required.
• Submit periodical reports on system utilization.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Electronics Engineering Technology, preferred.
- Videoconferencing or computing services.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Crestron Certified Programmer
- Ability to setup and/or troubleshoot Video Conferencing Codec's (Polycom, etc.).
- Experience with classroom technology; Projectors & Screens, Displays, Interactive Panels, Crestron and or Extron Controllers/Switchers.
- installation of control programs (AMX / Crestron) - upload and download capability.
Job ID 2016-1023
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo