Athletics Communications Spring 2017
Assist Assistant AD/Communications and the Athletic Communications staff with communications efforts on behalf of Saint Leo Athletics, and assist with Athletic Communications' game day efforts.
Work hours: 10-20 hours weekly including nights and weekends
• Assist in all areas of game day operations for Saint Leo Athletic Communications, working with a team of professional staff, students, and volunteers.
There are three job tracks for interested students; all three tracks require the student to be available to work both in the office and at home events:
Office/Game Day Operations student-assistant
- Duties may include: pre-game and post-game set-up/tear-down of Athletic Communications equipment (mostly computers and printers) at events; assist with updating content on the Saint Leo Athletics website (www.SaintLeoLions.com) using a content management system; assist with writing news releases and/or event recaps for home or away athletic events; assist with responding to external information requests by media, external associations, and the general public; updating statistical records and archives.
Broadcast Videographer/Video Editor student-assistant
- Duties may include: pre-game and post-game set-up/tear-down of cameras and production equipment for webcasts; camera operation for Saint Leo Athletics webcasts; assist with webcast production using NewTek TriCaster; assist with pre-production of content for webcasts; assist with creation and development of video content for the Saint Leo Athletics website (www.SaintLeoLions.com) and social media channels.
Design/Social Media/Photography student-assistant
• Duties may include: creation of graphics content for social media and the Saint Leo Athletics website (www.SaintLeoLions.com); edit photos in Photoshop for content, size, color balance, etc., for use on the Athletics website; makes social media posts as directed, both in-game and as needed during the week; assists with archiving photos for easy retrieval.
Must be dependable, knowledgeable of Microsoft office
- Strong interest and knowledge of sports is required; a basic knowledge of the statistical categories in a variety of sports is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills a plus.
- Experience with video editing/production using Adobe Premiere and/or Apple Final Cut Pro, use of a NewTek Tricaster, use of Adobe Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, InDesign), and a range of social media platforms is a plus.
Interest in athletics, communications, marketing, social media, broadcasts, technology
Job ID 2017-1103
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo