Instructor/Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Work
Saint Leo University is one of the largest and most innovative Catholic universities in the United States. Saint Leo enrolls students at the traditional University Campus, at more than 40 education centers and offices, and through the Center for Online Learning. University-wide, Saint Leo enrolls students from 49 states, the District of Columbia, three U.S. territories, and 86 countries. Saint Leo University ranks as one of the nation's leading providers of higher education for active duty military and veterans, and it is a nationally recognized leader in online education.
The Master of Social Work Program is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, nine (9) month, faculty appointment to teach Graduate Social Work courses online at the University Campus in Saint Leo, Florida.
An exceptional candidate possessing a doctorate degree with experience may be considered at the Associate level.
Review of candidate materials begins immediately for anticipated start date of August 9, 2017.
This position is pending final budgetary approval for the 2017-2018 academic year.
In addition to curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please upload documents in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICANT PACKET section of the application:
- Values Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts - see special instructions
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum)
- Three letters of recommendation (all should be professional references and at least one from a recent superior) If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below.
- Values statement (500 words or less). Potential candidates are expected to review Saint Leo University's Mission, Vision, and Values Statements and summarize how they see their individual values in relation to the Universities values, goals, objectives and priorities.
- Teaching philosophy (500 words or less), which highlights how your teaching and administrative philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University
- Official transcripts (including WES evaluation/translation if from an international university)
- Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
*Official transcripts for Master, Graduate, and Doctorate degrees are required to complete your application packet and are to be issued directly to Saint Leo University from the respective education institution.*
Transcripts that are "Issued to Student" or issued to another institution are not accepted.
Digital and/or electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time.
A certified evaluation and translation is required for foreign transcripts from World Education Services (WES). Expenses for official transcripts are the responsibility of the applicant.
Please have transcripts and certified evaluations mailed to:
Attn: Veronica Mantegna
Saint Leo University
Academic Affairs - MC 2006
PO Box 6665
Saint Leo, Florida 33574
The faculty member will be required to:
- Teach 8 classes per year;
- Support recruiting efforts;
- Demonstrate professional development (e.g., scholarly research);
- Undertake community service in keeping with the school's Benedictine values;
- Teach on-ground, online;
- Teach evenings and weekends; and
- Teach undergraduate and graduate classes.
- Be able to teach traditional and non-traditional age students; and
- Demonstrate the ability to use discipline-related computer programs.
Candidate must have obtained a Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) from a Council on Social Work Accreditation (CSWE) accredited program; demonstrated teaching experience in using technologies as instructional methods in the classroom, a commitment to the use of technology in distance learning; and three years post-masters professional experience in the field. Candidate must also have the ability to teach across the MSW program curriculum. A minimum of 3 years college/university level teaching in an accredited CSWE MSW/BSW program(s).
Have an earned doctorate degree in social work or a related field; a minimum of 3 years college/university level teaching in an accredited CSWE MSW/BSW program(s). Candidate with experience in direct clinical practice Experience in online course design and development.
Job ID 2016-1093
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo