Successful Enrollment Counselors possess unique communication skills and exhibit core values that effectively engage and inform prospective students via robust phone conversations in an organic, student-focused style, establishing rapport and building trust.
• Are student-centered and driven by the need to help others achieve their educational goals
• Thrive in a fast paced environment and demonstrate a passion for higher education
• Assist prospective students to find the right undergraduate program that meets their needs
• Educate prospective students on possible lifestyle changes, time commitments, technology and study skills required to be a successful online college student
• Exhibit excellent quality service, follow through, and interaction with students and supporting departments in a collaborative manner, ensuring the student is well-prepared to begin their classes
After the Enrollment Counselor achieves initial contact with prospective students they continue to counsel and educate them through the entire enrollment process. The process will include information regarding registration, ordering books, technology setup and introductions to fellow team members who will assist them with financial questions and academic advice.
As the primary contact the Enrollment Counselor is responsible for a positive new student experience by building a relationship with the student and answering questions regarding degree requirements, program research, policies, and procedures.
As part of a high performing team Enrollment Counselors must:
- Possess key attributes of integrity, flexibility, initiative and confidence.
- Understand and adhere to outreach requirements and quality expectations.
- Meet their goals and motivate through a positive approach and a general openness to feedback.
- Identify and share opportunities to improve university processes and the student experience.
- Generate prospective student referrals from existing students, alumni, staff, and members of the community.
- Maintain outstanding attention to detail through accuracy and follow-up.
- To manage procedures of student record keeping efficiently on excel spreadsheets and in student databases.
- Operate in a positive manner as part of a team and show a willingness to grow and learn by being open to change, innovative ideas, and constructive feedback.
- High School Diploma equivalent.
- Two+ years admissions experience or relationship-based/consultative sales experience required.
- Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a highly professional and student/customer focused environment.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university; Experience working with non-traditional adult students in an online environment.
Job ID 2016-1057
Job Locations US-NV-Las Vegas