The North America region is currently seeking an individual who has a passion for software development. The ideal candidate will have experience with application development and a proven track record of working on mobile platforms. The individual will work with Product Management and User Experience teams to design, prototype and deliver best-in-class customer service mobile applications. They will also assist in the developing of applications and demos. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of technical creativity, problem solving ability, and software process and lifecycle expertise. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and possess the dedication, attitude and commitment to be successful with our company. This role is based in San Diego, CA within our Product & Program Department.
- Design and develop new components of the mobile application platform
- Develop frameworks suitable for inclusion in third party applications
- Provide technical documentation, guidance and support on mobile platform capabilities
- Work with Product Management and User Experience teams to design, prototype and deliver best-in-class customer service mobile applications
- Work with the Engineering management team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development processes and best-practices.
- Work together with the Engineering team, Cloud team and other key teams to create and launch unique products in the market
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in an embedded senior software engineering/development role
- Strong knowledge of RTOS concepts (multi-threading, synchronization, device drivers etc.)
- Strong experience in C/C++ programming, systems knowledge or background applicable to driver software development
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and excellent communication skills
- Experience with Windows systems and drivers
- Comfortable developing for Window Phone environments, familiar with ARM architecture
- Deep understanding of common challenges with mobile/embedded devices, including power management, resource optimization, and wireless network reliability
- A disciplined approach to development, documentation and code structure
- Team player, with exceptional organizational skills with the ability to collaborate virtually
- Ability to develop and maintain key relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ready, willing and able to travel
Alcatel mobile devices are manufactured and marketed by TCL Communication Technology Holdings Limited (TCT) with its North America headquarters based in Irvine, California. Currently the No. 4 mobile handset manufacturer in North America, Alcatel branded devices from TCT deliver innovative, feature-rich experiences that make access to today's mobile technology simple; offering a diverse portfolio of value-packed products equipped with the technology people want most. For more information on Alcatel mobile devices, please visit our website.
TCL Communication is a subsidiary company of TCL Corporation, one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world. Alcatel is a trademark of Alcatel-Lucent used under license by TCL Communication.
San Diego, CA
Sun, 19 Mar 2017 14:42:17 PDT