Pay rate is $48.99 - $59.48 per hour and the tentative timeframe is 08/29/2016 - 08/25/2017
As an analyst, you will play a core role providing technical, reporting and analytical solutions to inform merchandising and product decisions. You will be responsible for developing dashboard tools and translating data into actionable business recommendations. You will work collaboratively across many teams (e.g. PM, Engineering, Analytics, Marketing) to develop and advance key operating initiatives, and optimize business processes.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong SQL experience across massive data sets, excellent analytical skills, comfort dealing with complex business problems, flexibility to deal with a diverse team of both engineers and sales analysts, and the desire and ability to get things done in a fast-paced environment. You will feel comfortable separating insights from noise.
- Run statistical experiments and queries to clean insights from a broad data-set.
- Work with the head of strategy to deliver long-term project and business recommendations to the functional leads using data-driven experiments and findings.
- Define and develop actionable business metrics and operational dashboards for the play merchandising team.
- Develop & automate reports, iteratively build & prototype BI dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs of global merchandising team.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand their business needs and complete end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, ongoing scaled deliverables and final presentation slides.
- BA/BS with quantitative focus.
- 5 years of complex SQL code writing/stored procedures/report building in one of major tools.
Must have freeform SQL query ability - experience limited to query builders is insufficient.
- Experience working with large datasets (over 5M rows) and ability to pull from such data sets using relevant programs and database query.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills, combined with strong business acumen.
- Tenacity in finding creative solutions to building BI data marts primarily using SQL; and managing data from multiple sources. A mindset for building solutions that scale, and building BI pipelines/Stored Procedures.
- Experience with data analysis in large multi-national retail or e-commerce organizations a plus.
- Technical Skills: Experience with database technology including Dremel, PLX, Tenzing and BigQuery.
- Experience with executing statistical analysis (E.g., vector analysis, K-means clustering, etc.).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with strong business judgement and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
Mountain View, CA 94043
Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
***If interested, please submit your resume along with answers to the following pre-screening questions***
- What is the largest database set you have worked with before and where?
- What are the different types of joins?
- What is the difference between left and an inner join?
- What is the difference between metrics (facts) and dimensions?
- There is a database with three fields: user_id, timestamp and a transaction_number. Write SQL to show the user_ids that had transactions in December, but not in January
Akorbi offers multilingual business solutions in more than 170 languages to some of the largest companies in the world. The company offers a full range of language, localization and global marketing solutions, including: professional staffing, translation, interpretation, multilingual call centers, business process outsourcing, sign language interpretation, alternate formats, transcription, eLearning and eDiscovery. The company holds several certifications including ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003, EN 15038:2006 and M/WBE Certification.
Mountain View, CA
Sat, 18 Mar 2017 13:31:10 PDT