Testing Specialist II (P/T), CPRN20325TEST
Facilitate high school placement testing on and off campus. Assist and support the specific testing needs of academic programs. Participate in testing operations at the College of DuPage main campus Testing Center. Assist in maintaining an optimal testing environment that adheres to National College Testing (NCTA) standards.
Position Title: Testing Specialist II (P/T), CPRN20325TEST
Duties of Position:
- Collaborate and communicate with the Office of Academic Partnerships to provide Dual Credit testing opportunities on site at area high schools and Admissions and Outreach to provide placement testing services to high schools involved in College initiatives.
- Assist the Academic coordinator with facilitating all group high school outreach testing on and off campus.
- Coordinate staffing, compile and distribute testing materials, verify and trouble shoot student information in Colleague and generate reports for all High School Math Alignment testing.
- Interface with high school administration and IT staff to ensure uninterrupted delivery of COMPASS placement tests on site at area high schools. Schedule test dates, arrange staffing, compile and deliver testing materials, enable COMPASS test packages, oversee on-site testing, verify and trouble shoot student information and generate reports for all high school testing.
- Provide support to faculty utilizing Career Interest tests. Educate instructors on the process/procedures, arrange testing in the Testing Center, maintain the Skills One database, generate reports/results and bill divisions for materials used each semester.
- Assist with all Health Science testing such as Nursing Specialty exams and the Illinois Nurse Aide Competency Exam. Arrange proctors, set up test sessions, create rosters, provide materials and communicate with faculty and staff in the Health Sciences division and Health Science Admissions office.
- Create and maintain testing schedules in online registration systems. Generate reports and compile statistical data.
- Monitor and trouble shoot the COMPASS error report on a daily basis. Enter placement test scores and correct student records as needed.
- Conduct placement testing information sessions/presentations and represent the Testing Center in college-wide activities.
- Work with Academic Coordinator to increase academic testing services at all College testing centers in accordance with standards set by the National College Testing Association (NCTA).
- Comprehend complex delivery methods and administer the numerous categories to tests including classroom make-up, Internet, placement tests, exit tests or essays, as well as specialized tests such as Interest Inventories, Proficiency tests, pre-GED Testing (TABE) and a variety of remote or proctored tests delivered in either paper/pencil or computer based format.
- Explain specific test requirements such as procedures for two-part tests, availability of calculators or other tools and print options. Be prepared to answer faculty and student questions regarding testing policies and procedures. Resolve misunderstandings using appropriate customer service and management techniques. Troubleshoot computer problems as needed.
- Understand and implement identification procedures to identify students via positive photo identification and other criteria in addition to verifying course registration to determine eligibility for testing before tests are issued. Understand and follow FERPA privacy guidelines to assure confidentiality.
- Determine testing needs of students who are unsure what tests they require by verifying their eligibility and identifying options available to meet their specific goals. Refer students to other College departments for further assistance when appropriate.
- Coordinate with Center for Access and Accommodations staff to assist special needs students with accommodations involving the use of specialized testing equipment and other delivery formats. Provide copies of online and classroom make-up tests to Center for Access and Accommodations staff for use in their office.
- Maintain a secure inventory of master copies of all new, current and "old" tests. Collaborate with faculty regarding test revisions, availability of tests, guidelines and testing options.
- Dispense placement test score reports and be able to explain results as well as options for re-testing to students completing COMPASS placement tests. Direct students to advising or counseling for further assistance with questions on registration.
- Follow defined procedures for test storage and classroom make-up test distribution to instructors. Maintain a log of completed classroom make-up tests.
- Update student records by entering Asset placement test scores, ACT and scores for other academic tests into Colleague. Verify uploads from COMPASS tests during peak testing periods.
- Utilize surveillance equipment and conduct walk-through monitoring to assure student compliance with test policies and prevent testing irregularities.
- Prepare an incident Report to document testing irregularities, discrepancies or dishonesty and forward report and copies of pertinent material to faculty and Testing Supervisor or Coordinator.
- Remain informed of techniques required to retrieve COMPASS scores and other documents from computer system as necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of customer service experience.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree in education or service related environment or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience working in a testing center and/or as an instructional aide.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in related field.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, copy machine, printer, testing scanner, FAX and scoring hardware. Fast-paced customer service environment. Travel to off-campus locations.
Department: Testing Center - TEST
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt