Child Care Assistant I - Substitute (P/T Casual), CP1N12383ECEC
Cooperate with the Childcare Center Teachers to plan and implement a model program consistent with the principles and practices taught in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program. Communicate formally and informally with parents.
Position Title: Child Care Assistant I - Substitute (P/T Casual), CP1N12383ECEC
Duties of Position:
- In relation to the Early Childhood Education and Care Program: act as a model for college students, visitors and observers; assist in the Early Childhood Center as needed; participate in daily meetings as available with members of the classroom teaching team for the purpose of review and planning.
- In relation to children enrolled in the Early Childhood Center: assist in providing a model program for children consistent with principles and practices taught in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program classes; assist in the implementation of a program consistent with Department of Children and Family Services and the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs guidelines; provide safe and supervised environment for each child in the classroom; use positive guidance techniques as described in the Early Childhood Education and Care Program classes; assist in the planning and implementation of developmentally appropriate experiences for children based upon individual and group needs.
- In relation to Program Planning: be familiar with Department of Children and Family Services standards, and the National Academy of Early Childhood Program guidelines for child care facilities; know Center policies and procedures for children and staff; assist in the preparation of on-going curriculum plans according to guidelines for both indoor and outdoor experiences; with the cooperation of the Lead Teacher and other staff, implement a model program curriculum; and assist in the keeping of daily attendance records.
- In relation to Parents: maintain informal contact with parents; participate in Center-Family events; in cooperation with the Lead Teacher complete other communications as needed (phone calls, notes to parents); and in cooperation with the Lead Teacher distribute notes, newsletters, etc. to parents.
- In relation to Environment: in cooperation with the Lead Teacher, maintain equipment and facilities in a safe, tidy and clean manner and report needs to Center Manager; assist in the care of plants and animals; and complete Early Childhood Center Environmental Support responsibilities as assigned.
- In relation to Professional Standards: maintain the confidentiality of children, families and staff; keep current with professional issues and research; comply with policies in the Classified Employee Guidebook; and comply with the policies and standards stated in the Early Childhood Center Staff Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
One (1) year experience in a Child Care Center.
Associates Degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education and must meet all DCFS licensing regulations.
Two to three (2-3) years' experience in a Child Care Center.
Bachelor's Degree in Child Development/Early Childhood Education
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Early Childhood Center equipment and appliances both indoors and on the playground. Computer, copy machine and digital camera.
May include off-campus locations, variable hours. Position requirements include: daily participation in the Early Childhood Center both indoors and outdoors. Position requires the ability to move quickly, sit on the floor with children and lift children and equipment.
This is a Part-time Temporary Casual (on an as needed basis) position.
Department: Early Childhood Center - ECC
Position Type: Temporary Casual - TC
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt