Director of Nursing, AF1EDRCTRNURSI
With over 28,000 credit students each term, College of DuPage (COD) is the largest community college and the second largest provider of public higher education in the state of Illinois.
Founded in 1967, COD is well known for a wide variety of high caliber programs including nine associate degrees, more than 170 certificates in over 50 areas of study, and numerous opportunities for life-long learners. In addition, COD has entered into an innovative (3+1) partnership with six prominent universities, enabling students to complete one of seven different bachelor degrees at a significantly reduced cost.
COD’s financially strong, state-of-the-art main campus is located on 273 acres in Glen Ellyn. With the addition of four Regional Centers located throughout DuPage County, COD serves over one million residents in 48 communities.
COD operates a ACEN accredited Nursing program that is built on a full concept based curriculum. Our Nursing program operates in a state of the art health science facility which includes simulation spaces for acute and long term care experiences. The Nursing program services a diverse student population providing top rated access to Nursing education.
The Director of Nursing is the administrator of Nursing programs at College of DuPage. This position directly supervises full time and adjunct faculty, the manager of simulation labs and program support specialists.
Position Title: Director of Nursing, AF1EDRCTRNURSI
Duties of Position:
- Administration, development and supervision of all Nursing programs.
- Recruitment, hiring, supervision and evaluation of all part-time nursing faculty.
- Supervision and evaluation of full-time faculty.
- Completion of didactic, laboratory, and clinical assignments for all nursing faculty.
- Supervision of work assignments for Manager of Simulation and Laboratory Learning and Program Support Specialists.
- Management of budgets and capital acquisitions.
- Leadership of program approvals and accreditation processes.
- Procurement and evaluation of clinical sites for all nursing programs.
- Represent the college and programs with external agencies and groups.
- Lead faculty to pursue appropriate grant funding opportunities.
- Oversee curriculum, student progress, and student performance issues.
- Oversee maintenance of clinical affiliation agreements; assure faculty and student compliance with placement requirements.
- Evaluation of programs, goals and outcomes. Includes annual reports to regulatory and accrediting agencies, assistance with accreditation self-study document preparation and site visits.
- Promotion of departmental efficiency and effectiveness of operations and resource utilization.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
2 years' experience as RN; 2 years' full-time experience in registered nursing education.
Master's Degree in Nursing; current active license as Registered Nurse in Illinois or license-eligible.
Teaching and/or administrative experience in a community college; management or administrative experience in educational setting; knowledge/experience with ACEN self-study preparation; ability to guide faculty through accreditation process.
Additional coursework or advanced degree in education.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Personal computer, telephone, FAX, copy machine, classroom technology.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Health & Sciences - HSBS
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt