University Admissions Advisor
The University Admissions Office is composed of two offices, the CUNY Welcome Center and the University Application Processing Center. The CUNY Welcome Center is the central student recruiting office for the City University of New York. The Welcome Center's primary responsibility is to disseminate information about all of the colleges to prospective students. Through extensive outreach efforts and in-house counseling, the staff provides support and guidance to prospective students. Staff members of the Welcome Center work closely with the University Application Processing Center (UAPC) staff to support the University's recruitment, enrollment, and retention efforts.
The University Processing Center (UAPC), located on the Kingsborough Community College campus in Brooklyn, NY, is responsible for receiving, evaluating, and processing all undergraduate applications for degree-seeking applicants to all the colleges of the City University of New York. This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule with some evenings and weekends, and travel to the five boroughs in New York City and/or the tri-state area.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing relationships with a portfolio of high school and community college counselors, teachers, and prospective students.
- Ensuring applicants receive excellent customer service when contacting the CUNY Welcome Center in support of their application.
- Performs analytical and administrative duties to accurately review undergraduate admissions applications and evaluate domestic and international high school and college academic records.
- Prepare and process applications to be sent to various admitting CUNY colleges
Bachelor's Degree required.
The preferred candidate will have the following additional knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Commitment to customer service excellence; responsiveness and professionalism to work and interact cooperatively with diverse internal and external stakeholders of various organizational levels.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to make presentations and lead small group discussions.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, research, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate with strong organizational skills to establish plans, manage multiple assignments with conflicting priorities, and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive office.
- Knowledge of practices and technologies used in college admissions, recruiting, and enrollment services.
- Multi-lingual (English and French, Spanish, Mandarin, or Russian) preferred.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Valid driver license preferred.
- Proficiency using computers, standard office, and e-mail/scheduling programs.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Participates in implementing CUNY's recruitment plans and programs in support of a strategy to identify, attract, admit and enroll a highly-qualified and diverse student body.
- Demonstrates and maintains knowledge of CUNY's programs and degree requirements
- Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and new student orientation
- Counsels prospective applicants on requirements and standards and provides general program and service information in person or by telephone, e-mail or letter; follows up as needed
- Coordinates and contributes to student recruiting activities such as group sessions and programs, direct recruiting, and outreach events at high schools and in the community
- Represents the University Admissions Office to the CUNY Colleges' internal and external communities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a cover letter and rsum online via CUNY's web-based job system,
addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
April 16, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: University Admissions Advisor
Job ID: 16450
Full/Part Time: Full-Time